Friday, August 14, 2020

Where Teaching Molds A New Breed

Haven't had a great night lately. Last night was great though. Me and my orientee had only 3 patients. We were assigned in the Center Wing. At first we had a rough start because we have to pick-up the patient that had just been coded but eventually was ordered to be transferred to ICU care. Instead, we got another stable patient from ICU after they had swapped them. Then after that everything was been smooth. I always told my orientee, that at the beginning of the shift it will be chaos then as the shift goes on everything will be smooth. And I think she already get the hang of it. Honestly, in my observation she was more attentive now with her meds and already anticipated what she needs. I still have to coach her sometimes to start this and do that. I guess, she always wanted me to cue her on what to do next. I always told her to make sure she is certain on what to go next and that she has to inform me if she has any unanswered querries. Still, she has to learn more procedures and patient care. I always told her to always tidy the bedside and always make the patients comfortable. Dirty bedside and surroundings makes the patient uncomfortable. At least, she is learning everyday. I am glad she is absorbing whatever I've taught her.

No comments:

Post a Comment