Sunday, August 16, 2020

Searching For Roots

Reaching for roots is not an easy thing especially if that person concerned has a lot of ill feelings. I am writing right now because the previous day I was reading Shaun's blogs and I wonder where he's at now. So I tried hunting him in the internet and luckily I found him. Not only him but his little bro and sis, too. His mom was my close cousin. When I went to America I stayed at their house in Katy. Literally, they knew me because they saw me physically at their house when I came to visit their mom. When I passed my NCLEX, I moved to McAllen, TX and then after few years went to California to work as a traveling nurse and then decided to stay in Los Angeles. Shaun was in high school when I left Texas and when he went to college I heard he graduated with high honors. It's been a long time that I haven't heard from my cousin Perlina and when I got in touch with Kuya Ernest, he told me that Ate Perlina had a divorce and the kids were out for college and had lived separately as well. I was in constant contact with Shaun after he graduated college and until he moved to Taiwan to study. I've read his inspirational blogs when he was there and then all of a sudden he was inactive and I have not had any communication with him. His mom, my cousin Ate Perlina went back to the Philippines and had lived there for a few years then went back to America to live with Shaun. In my search I saw that Shaun was living now in Marlborough, MA. My hunch was he probably is teaching at MIT because I've heard he has a masteral and doctorate degree in engineering. He is academically inclined like me, hehehe. Then in my search I saw that his little bro Joshua was living here in Long Beach, CA which is a few stones from me. I was really amazed. I told my other cousin Kuya Ernest about the kids and he told me that Joshua is not also communicating with them and same with Shaun and Mira. He said that Joshua is somewhere in California and is married already. He also knew that Shaun is in Massachussettes and he also said the Ate Perlina is living with him. On the otherhand, he doesn't know where Mira is. All he knows is that she is also married and had stayed in Texas. I told him that in my search I saw that Mira is living at the present in Austin. Yes, it was a long gone struggle to search for my little nephews and niece. But I am happy that I've located them. I am always liking Shaun because he's smart and he's familiar with me. He was a shy kid before but he is okay. Maybe in the future I can send him a card and asking how he is. It is indeed true that blood thicker than water.

No comments:

Post a Comment