Saturday, August 15, 2020

Fleeting Night

The night seems like it's eerily fleeting. So much happened and it's almost the end of the shift. My orientee was kinda bored because we only have 3 patients. I'm also bored as well because I have nothing to do except for covering my LVN for the IV meds. It was surprising that I don't feel sleepy tonight. I thought I will be... considering that I have not slept yesterday afternoon because of doing binge-watching Korean telenovelas. I was just laying on my bed yesterday watching the movies. I got up at 1630 to get myself ready for work. I felt fine despite of lack of sleep. And tonight, it feels like a breeze. Every moment was just smooth after midnight. It was dead after that. At 0500 the unit went live again because the nurses were doing some patient care at the bedside, keeping theirselves busy to wrap up the shift. Quite quick but kinda intimidating..... because you don't know what happens next. I mean these patients were critically ill and anytime soon some will deteriorate and get coded. Anything is imminent and unpredictable. Some patient's were kinda fussy and demanding, some just wanted to sleep, and some have no idea what is happening because they were nonresponsive. A lot of patient types and we don't know who will crash. The night was totally and immensefully fleeting. So far nothing major had happened. Good thing we had survived it but there's still few more hours before the shift ends and still we don't know, something might happen anytime. Hopefully not.....

No comments:

Post a Comment