Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Emphatic Benevolence

I got a messenger message the previous day from one of my friends in Facebook. She is familiar to me but not that really close. Let's just say she's a random stranger. The only connection is that she is one of my Facebook friends. She messaged me, sounding helpless, asking me to help her regarding her husband's plight. Her husband is a dialysis patient and had his AV shunt clogged at this time. He was not being dialysed right now because of the clogged shunt. So she asked me to help her financially for the operation of another AV shunt. She doesn't know what to do because she has nothing on hand right now... I mean she is financially hard-up. She was invoking me to help her. I felt some reckoning shivers in my spine and all of a sudden felt pity at her condition. I know the feeling of being helpless and alone having the big weight on her shoulder. I know the feeling of maintaining a family on dialysis because my dad has one before and I am the only one who had supported him financially. And for this poor woman trying to make their ends meet, I can feel what and how she felt at that time. I felt an instant sympathy to her inadvertent situation because her pleading message was about to burst immensely in my heart. It was a strange-iffy-feeling of pity and emptiness inside me. I felt so enormously numbed. I never thought that it was a scam because she felt sincere in her message. Despite some warnings to me that it's a scam, I still believed that she is truthful in her pleadings. I closed my eyes and asked guidance from the Lord and then I immediately put up a posting in my timeline asking close friends, relatives, cousins, aunts, uncles, classmates, acquaintances, etc. to help me in my campaign to aid this guy to have a new AV shunt access. Putting up a little money from spare money change just for his operation so that he can be dialysed right away. I was surprised of the sudden outpouring of donations and I am extremely happy that now I can help them have a new AV shunt access for this poor guy suffering a lot from the complications of having a dialysis access. I thanked all those who have supported me in my campaign and for helping this family in anyway to ease up just a bit of their financial suffering and to at least gave them more time for this sick guy to spend more time with his love ones. TO ALL WHO HAVE HELPED..... THANK YOU THANK YOU SO MUCH...... AND MAY GOD BLESS YOUR BENEVOLENT HEARTS. "In whatsoever you do, in words or in deeds, do all in the name of Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." - Colossians 3:17

No comments:

Post a Comment