Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Received A Sad News Today

I felt so sad today because I heard a surprising news from Nancy that Jojit had passed away today. I felt like crying inside when I read her message to me. I didn't feel that warm tears had rolled slowly down my numbed cheeks. I felt that all my efforts to collect money to help for his operation was in vain. I felt so guilty that my campaign was not that successful and had not even helped Jojit have his operation. He didn't even waited for his scheduled operation for this coming Thursday. He had a cardiac arrest today and per Nancy he had a flatline for seven times and they even defibrillated him three times but he passed away eventually. The hair from the back of my neck stood up upon hearing the horrible situation. I was in shock. My hunch was that his body gave way from too must waste that had accumulated for having no dialysis for 5 days. The high levels of potassium and ammonia in his system triggered the cardiac arrest and his fragile body cannot bear the accumulated waste products complications. Having no functioning AV shunt, made him without an access for dialysis thereby cleaning up his body for all that toxic body wastes that had accumulated for days was literally not possible. Plus he was really weak to tolerate the procedure. Nancy had told me that when Jojit was even conscious, he was telling her reminding not to forget to thank all those people who had helped them for this unprecendented ordeal. It was so touching reading it from Nancy's messages. I was crying hard. A day before, I had send Nancy all the money that I collected for the operation and she was very hopeful that it will make Jojit live but all of the sudden I heard this very sad news. Imagine my surprise when I've heard it. Well, I cannot question God's plan for him, so I trusted Him for making the best for Jojit and his family. I told Nancy to be strong and think that Jojit is in a pain free and peaceful place now with our Creator. I'm glad I am a part of their life now. And this made me grow more as a caring person and made me aware of my differences and my capabilities. I am amazed of myself sometimes and this made me realized that I can do immeasureable things which is even mind blowing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment