Saturday, July 25, 2020

Can't Travel Because Of Covid19

Saturday was quite slow for me and I have to work extra shift (second day) today.

I got home this morning from work feeling so tired and fatigued. My shift last night was just crappy because I was so madly busy and it was my first night back (and I am doing an extra shift). Since the emergence of the Covid19 that had devastated the whole world and had affected the traveling industry, I took advantage of the moment working extra shift since I have nothing to do at the apartment.

At least I can save an extra more money for my next planned trip. Per my mom, "You have to prudently save for the rainy seasons." I felt that I am just lucky enough to have a job right now. Other people were just struggling enough finding their ends meet and it's so heartbreaking to see how they succumb to the mental, financial, and health devastation and anguish intentionally caused by this very virulent virus.

If Covid19 did not existed, I should be traveling by now. The world got shocked how fast it spreads from Wuhan, China to every remote parts of the world. Every country had been faced with some major issues on how to curtail or abate the spread of the virus. And the most hit country was USA because people here were just too stubborn to heed the recommendations and stipulations of WHO and CDC. The inevitable widespread public distrust with the government had severely affecting the progress on the fight against Covid19, hence all aspects of people's lives was severely affected.

Now that America had topped the list of all the countries hit by the virus, a lot of countries had banned travelers from USA to set foot on their respective soils. What a shame for the Americans and what a pity for those who abided the law and for those who wants to travel abroad to escape the wrath of the most reviled pandemic of the century.

Now that the economy was low, unemployment was rapidly surging up, and of course people were angry at the government on how it handled the entire health issues, it is very difficult what to do as people were scrambling on how to approach this pandemic.

As an experienced nurse, I am also worried about possible major spread, even to the remotest places of the world. And as a traveler, I am also upset because a permanent ban of US travelers were globally imposed because of the high turnouts of positive infections in the whole country. Such a failure indeed to the leaders handling this issue!

In my honest opinion at this time, it is really unsafe to travel nowadays because of the presence of the virus everywhere. It is much better to stay at home for quite a while not until the curve will be totally flattened. I myself is scared to start traveling because of the sudden rise of the Covid19 cases in the US especially here in Los Angeles where I live. Despite how I am itching to go to another place right now I guess it is not advisable to do so at this time.

I have prudently canceled two of my travel flights lately to Switzerland and Korea. I really did not cancel it but had changed it into a voucher credit so that I can use it again on my next travel plans because if I cancel it permanently the airline will deduct 30% from the original price whereas if I convert it into vouchers they will only fine me $35.00 plus they will give me a year to reconvert it into another flight, which to me is more reasonable and practical.

I hope this pandemic will be over soon so that the travel industry will be fully operational and that my travel plans will be on the move again. Oh how I can travel normally again but despite it will come back anytime soon I guess traveling will not be the same again.

People will be more extra cautious as they travel and in severe cases will be more obsessive and paranoid of what things are happening in the society and community. It's just an irony that we could not really stipulate some regulations in the US because people were just literally naïve of the severity of the Covid19 cases that were happening in front of their eyes.

People were just insensitive enough of others who were being vulnerable for this virus, or they were just selfish enough not to cooperate with the authorities because to them they are an autonomous human being where they had forgotten that they're not just the only one living around. Shame to them whose selfish ideologies had put the USA in the limelight in the middle of the Covid19 pandemic for being the worse country hit by the virus. And this will be written down in the annals of history, believe me.

No comments:

Post a Comment