Saturday, July 25, 2020

A Day In The Laundromat

I was pissed off with my landlord because the washing machine and dryer were broken and not working. I asked him what happened through the text message (because I could not talk to him in person due to social distancing protocol) and he only replied they were broken.

I have bunch of dirty clothes to launder today, because I had piled up my working scrubs so that I can wash them all at once to save coins and of course detergent powder.

But today is my doom unfortunately because both machines were not working and my landlord had failed to inform me in advance that they were broken to the hilt. I have to go out and wash them at the laundromat near where I live.

I woke up at 0600H, to get ready so that I can arrive at the place early before it gets crowded. I got there with just few people doing their laundry. It was cool because the wash needs to be paid and the dryer is free. I like this place because the cleaning lady always sanitized the tables and the machines. It was a pretty nice and clean place and very well maintained as I observed.

I did my laundry for two hours and I had to fold them and tuck them real good in the bags. It was an enjoyable stay at the laundromat and I had a blast. I might probably do it again. I have not done this for quite a while and I am just thrilled to have done it again.

It was an enjoyable laundry-ing. At least I got to do it without getting embarrassed. But still my landlord should have cautioned me that the machines were broken. He knows that I always have to wash my working scrubs every two weeks but he just doesn't care. He doesn't even realized that his house is rotting. Haist.

The laundromat was huge with a lot of machines around. The people comes and goes but the vivacity of the place was very enticing. Plus it was well maintained and the staff were very attentive to their client's needs. No wonder people here just comes and goes. By the time I left the place the parking lot was full and the place got pack all of a sudden despite of the community looming issues about Covid19.

Hopefully my landlord can have the washing machine and dryer repaired or better yet buy a new one....just a suggestion. Lol!

Thankfully God will provide and all will be back to normal. This Covid19 had greatly affected my live and the lives of many people as well around the world. And it is just pitiful to see how few people had reacted and resisted to it as shown in the TV news and social media outlets.

At least I have my dirty clothes washed and I did my chores today. I am now free of dirty clothes and will do it again in two weeks. What a great day at the laundromat. Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment