Saturday, July 18, 2020

Random Thoughts

Yes, I have to compile all my thoughts and put it into writing. Here are some of them:

Family:
Well, it's been a long time that I have not seen my family. A tad 6 years I guess. I miss them so very much. But in this Covid19 times it is impossible to travel across the Pacific Ocean and be greeted with a 14-day lockdown in the capital and in the islands. It will be futile. So I decided to cancel my flight for my October homecoming. Everything was been planned already and now that the second wave of the Covid19 infections had surged up, traveling was nearly impossible and less likely to happen.
******
My little sister is critically sick. She has diabetes and she is really stubborn. My cousin had messaged me through FB Messenger that she was coughing badly and it made me worried because of Covid19. I was so paranoid so I decided to send money to have her checked up. Good thing it was not Covid19. The cough was just due to acute bronchitis. However here BUN and creatinine were critically elevated which almost can be related to acute kidney injury or failure. I scolded her on the phone blaming her that she is not helping herself eating prohibited foods against her diabetes. She also had gained enormous amount of weight, and was not really compliant with her meds. I am very upset, worried, and mad about her mismanagement of herself. It seems that I need to get more convincing power to make her more mature and responsible for herself.
******
My nephew from Dubai had messaged me because she wanted to borrow $1000 from me because she doesn't have a dependable job right now because of the emergence of the pandemic. The warehouse that she worked at in Dubai had temporarily shut down of close because of the occurrence of pandemic. I told her that it is really a huge amount of money and I am also quiet tight at this time because all my savings was invested in the piggery project in the Philippines. It ended up I only gave her $200. I told her it's a gift not a loan. She was happy in the end.
******
Last July 11 was my foster parent's 76th birthday (Tita Cely's) and I called and spoke and talked to her on the phone for a tad long time. She was very happy because she received a lot of calls from her friends and families, and had obtained myriads of gifts and birthday greetings from all over the country from some of her acquaintances. She was also very ecstatic because I send her a beautiful flower cake and 3 mylar balloons with "Happy Birthday" greetings which she liked so much. I asked her to get some pictures and send it to me for me to see. She told me that she also liked the preserved roses I send her during Mother's Day in May and she said it is still looking fresh. Wow!

Projects:
Yeah, I have put up some of my savings for a big project with my cousins in Batangas. I have to provide the net capital and they will tend for the business for me. The project was a piggery. A huge huge and famous one. I have to buy 60 piglets and they will be fattened and grown for hauling and consumption after 4-5 months. I spend almost $6,000.00 in the beginning just to buy the piglets sans the feeds. For the feeds I have to put up and send $500.00 every week for 4-5 months until the pigs were ready to be reweighed and sold. It was a great gamble for me and hopefully, the Lord God will provide and help me with this very important project for me.

Vacay:
I just got back from a brief vacay from Las Vegas despite of the heightened level of Covid19 in the state. I flew and left Los Angeles because I was extremely so stressed out. I booked a room at the Treasure Islands Hotel along the strip and just slept there all day long, watching my favorite Netflix shows, and then eat at some of the chic restaurants enjoying the food and the place. I even met my best friend and her daughter and we ate dinner at Cut Resto at the Palazzo Hotel. I am fully recharged when I got back to Los Angeles not really ready to come back to work. Hehehe.
******
I canceled all my two pending flights or trips in September to Switzerland and in October to the Philippines because it is highly unlikely that I can enjoy it because of the surge of Covid19 in the United States and around the world. Because of this most of the European countries will not accept tourists from America for the meantime. I was heavily penalized or inadvertently charged for a big fee due to the cancellation, but what can I do. I just don't want to gamble myself and regrettably lose a job when I come back in the mainland. Money gone to waste but I hope it is the right decision to make at this time. I mean it is not practical to get penalized but it is the right thing to do. At least I got back some or part of the money I paid initially.

Work:
Well, I've been assigned again to a Covid19 patient... my second Covid19 patient (please see previous blog). Well, work is work... I cannot do anything about it. I just wanted to have this shift get over and then go home. T'was a nice night though and I had survived the whole shift anyway. Bravo to me! Alas... I hope I did not contract the virus. Hehehe.
********
I also made a complaint at the payroll department lately because they did not pay me for two days of work regarding the extra day premium I did in the past and a one day for new hire RN orientation and preceptorship. Lindsay was kind enough to have spotted the mistake. Thank you Lindsay!!! Another complaint I made to Lindsay was the Covid19 Hazard Pay was not also reflected in my pay stub. Lindsay told me that Tammie had not okayed the premium yet. I told her that it was announced during our daily huddle that the nurses assigned to the Covid19 patients will be given a $5 per hour hazard premium. Lindsay told me that she will approach Tammie again.

-- END OF STORY --

No comments:

Post a Comment