Saturday, July 18, 2020

Night Dreaming

Here I am at work, have nothing to do but dawdle and blog again. All my routines were been carefully done and my patients were been tucked away well and slept like a baby. It was an eerie quiet night. Much better than the boring night I had last night with the Covid19 patient.

At least I am really chilling real good and not having to worry about the virus flying and floating in the air when I fearfully entered the room. I felt like a paranoid blimp last night, had doubled up my head caps, doubled up my gowns, doubled up my shoe covers, made sure that my scrubs have no rips and holes, had doubled up my masks (surgical mask at the bottom, N95 mask on top) and lastly tripled up my gloves (small underneath, medium in the middle, and large on top). What a waste! Hahaha... isn't it hilarious?

Well, these days there were always a lot of uncertainties.... and I felt like I am Heisenberg (the Lord of Uncertainty). Actually, we don't know when will this pandemic will gonna end. And it is uncertain indeed! But the odds were too uncertain but I am certain it will end in an uncertain eventuality. Redundant... isn't it?

Oh, how I wish I could be traveling in Europe again by this time. I miss my lonely strolls in the streets of Paris and London, my unwinding adventures in the subways and railroad tracks in London, Paris, and Italy, my solo coffee rendezvous in a vintage restaurant in Budapest and the unending sipping of scorching hot tea in a medina in Marrakech, Fez, Casablanca, Essaouira, and Rabat, my giddy dancing in Old Town Square in the bustling city of Prague and the enormous zocalo in Mexico City, my unpredictable musings in the less crowded streets of Berlin, my castle and cathedral chasing in Austria, Romania, Germany, Switzerland, France, Italy, Mexico, and everywhere, my swooning breaking point when I saw the handsome statue of David in Florence, my intrepid adventures in the souks of Chefchaouen and Casablanca, my greedy chocolate quenching adventures in Brussels, Antwerp, Lausanne, Geneva, and Brugges, my untimely oohs and aahs of the medieval towns and old streets in Romania, Bulgaria, and Thessaloniki, my strong willed odyssey of the ancient civilizations in Mexico and Greece, my cheesy escapades in Netherland and Switzerland, my crazy adventure when I hiked an active volcano in Ecuador while it's raining hail the size of marbles, my solo musings in the middle of Lake Atitlan in Panajachel, Guatemala, and many more colorful adventures that I've been through all these years.

At this time of pandemic, all that I do was to recall and reminisce all the nostalgic and memorable memories I've had. Oh I can't wait to go again to another place that I don't know to challenge myself of what to do and act at the same time, mingling with people and immersing with different cultures and mores.

Traveling had shaped my perspective of the world and the different people I've met. I became more aware of my surroundings, observing different behaviors and personalities which made me gauge my reactions when interacting in public. It made me more mature as an individual and made me more knowledgeable of the places that I've never been before. It also made me anticipate on what to do, making future plans and decisions to make my adventures more meaningful, memorable, and economical.

And yes, I just realized I am at work right now, working on a graveyard shift and night dreaming of my future escapades. Aah.... Covid19 had slowed down my (our) world and it's really hard to catch up now because everything doesn't come handy anymore. A lot of restrictions and regulations to follow for the benefit of everybody in general.


Aaah... maybe I was just selfish to think of myself with my previous travels when other people were having problems and difficulty supplementing their individual necessities at this very critical and crucial moment where most of the people around the globe doesn't have or is scrambling for a job. I am just fortunate enough that I have something to do and earn honestly at this very stressful circumstance in our history and detrimental part of our lives. Everybody's vulnerable I guess and so do I.

No comments:

Post a Comment