Sunday, July 19, 2020

Confusion In A Limbo

One hour after I got the report, had made my rounds, and did some of my assessments on my assigned patients, the supervisor had made some new revisions of the assignment on the assignment board. I was really upset and furious because she made a mess of my assignment just to accommodate one of the RN not to take the ICU patient that will be moved out from ICU going to room 35B.

They should have made that earlier, before we started the shift. It was just too upsetting for me to know that she favors the other RN. Haist... I was already very confuse because of so much things to do for my assignments and at the same time I already started working on them. Not dilly-dallying here, Ok. Now I have to re-adjust my assignment again just to cater for the favoritism issue of this supervisor. They always pick on me because I am a person who doesn't talk and complain so much. But today, I lost my cool and they tasted my wrath. Hahaha.

I just had a minor spat with the house supervisor telling her that my assignment's acuity was very very high and that she should have considered it before she changed the assignment. I explained to her that I have to start an IV for a recently amputated patient who is agitated and restless and had pulled out his midline IV access, that I have to cater for the needs of a super alert quadriplegic patient who always clucks his mouth continually when calling us for help because he cannot move and press the call light, that I have to look for a very evasive sling (I cannot find anything in the whole building) for a very demanding elderly guy who had dislocated (I don't have an idea how he incurred it) his right shoulder, that I have to fix the wound vacuum of the patient with a large nasty crater on his sacral area, that I have to change the PICC line dressing of an alert trached woman who always asked for her PRN Ativan IV push on time and never missed it, and of course that I have to start the second unit blood transfusion of the patient that was transferred from ICU who has a very low BP, has super low HR, and a super super low body temperature. Waaaah..... why me!!!

My long night was really really super busy but I have to believe in myself that I can do it..... that I can survived it..... that I have the power in my hands to finish everything until 7AM tomorrow. Despite of my furious emotions and angry feelings I have to seriously go on my path in order to get over this shift. Anyway, I will be off tomorrow. Finally yay!!!!! And what a night to end my weeklong work. Haist....

Well, I got confuse initially because of the drastic change of assignment by the house supervisor yet I managed to do it valiantly and miraculously. My super relax attitude and my quick witted thinking had finally bore some fruits... which per se a fruit of labor.... a coup de grace. Now I have time to make and write my blogs and had a real solo time to review my patient's new orders, lab reports, and check out some of the MD's progress notes.

I had a smooth sailing night despite of some tiny confusion in the beginning of the shift. Good thing that my calm approach to the situation and not panicked about it was just enough to tackle the problem. All my patients were finally comfortable and sleeping well. Thank God the shift is almost over. Ole! Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment