Friday, July 17, 2020

Canceling My Travel Plans

It's heartbreaking that I have to cancel all my travel plans for the coming months. I bought all those tickets with a discount thinking that the Covid19 situation will abate by the time I'm leaving for the travel but unfortunately it had gotten worst.

I am suppose to leave for Switzerland on 9/7/20 to 9/14/20 and to the Philippines on 10/5/20 to 10/27/20 but unluckily all the US citizens were banned in almost every country because of the surge in Covid19 cases currently all over the country. The curve was peaking and not flattening. It was very frustrating.

So tonight, I went to cancel both trips at the Justfly.com search engine where I bought it. They charge me 30%-40% for the penalty and it's hard to swallow the consequences.

I guess all my travel plans for the year 2020 might be on hold for the meantime because of this global pandemic that never stopped and has no solution at this moment. There were places that were back to lockdown and there were places that reopens cautiously fearing to initiate for another wave of spread.

The recent protests and riots by the "Black Live Matter" movement because of George Floyd's death was the key contributing factor for the emergence of the second wave. BLMs and Liberals blamed it on Trump because the latter did not do anything to abate the situation. That's what they claimed but to me I know what really happened.

Going back to my travel plans, well I just got back from a short getaway from Las Vegas just to unwind and escape the stressful issues from Los Angeles. It was a fleeting escape despite of the red alert Covid19 situation in the state of Nevada. I did enjoyed staying in my hotel watching Netflix and also strolling outside on the hot summer days when I got bored in my room.

It seems that my travel plans for this year will be on hold for an uncertain time but oh well, I hope it will be over soon so that I can resume what I used to do before. But it seems that it will take a while and it will not be as normal as before. That's my guess.... what's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment