Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Jack Sans Jill On All Seasons

"Jack sans Jill went up the hill,
to drop a pail of water.
Jack fell down and broke his bike;
and nobody went with him after...
Lalala...lalalala.... 3x"

An apt song for a daily or so situation I always saw when I go to work every afternoon. And here's how the story goes....

Every time I go to work at Kindred LA in Ladera Heights, I always saw this amiable guy along La Brea Avenue climbing up a quarter of a mile street going up to Stoker Avenue along La Brea Avenue, pushing his black bike with a red pail sitting at the back seat of the bike. I saw him on all four seasons (Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall) with the same situation slowly easing and climbing up the hill.

On Winter time, I saw him still in the dark with his black puffy jacket and gradually pushing up his bike with the red pail. I don't know what's in the pail but I am presuming that it pertains to his job or business. He painstakingly pushed his bike going up the steep hill huffing and puffing on the cold winter afternoon or night.

On Spring time, the same scenario is seen with his black puffy jacket on and black bonnet with the Spring flowers already sprouting and the trees with blooming flowers. Still this guy does not deter in pushing his black bike. His skinny physique was a pitiful site but still here's a man that is honorably making ends met despite of the chilly weather as he struggled mobilizing his goods to his delivery destination not minding the painful rewards of climbing the cruel steep hills of Ladera Heights starting from Slauson Avenue up to Stoker Avenue.

On Summer time, I can see him with his shirt's off, hiking the hill during the hot summer day with his sweat trickling down his face and his biceps were swelling while pushing his goods and his tight abs were really showing off proudly maybe due to the heavy load he was pushing up the hill. Having done this act for a tad long time, as what I've seen him all the time, his defined muscles was been emphasized more on his tall skinny physique. He was really a hardworking guy.

On the Fall season, he was still pushing his bike while the colors of the trees had changed. This guy still painstakingly and persistently do his usual thing with more dedication and perseverance. He inspired me a lot since the first day I saw him and I am planning to talk to him one day and interview him. Hopefully, I can talk to him in the future.

But as I drove along everyday, this man and his hapless sight when he climbed up the hill had greatly stirred my human feelings and senses and had inspired me to be strong willed just like this man. He is not embarrassed in what he does and he is more determined to deliver his goods all the time. I wonder what he really does, hence, I planned to chat with him one of these days.

The song "Jack and Jill" had inspired me as well but in this situation it's without Jill. (Please see the intro verses.) The steep hills of Ladera Heights that he climbed, his amiable persona takes Jack, and the huge red pail on the bike seat which he was pushing uphill and the black bike that he painstakingly been pushing were all described in the intro verse.

I am in awe of my literary creativity here but it all suits well on this inspiring guy. Hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment