Thursday, July 23, 2020

My Last Night For This Week At Work

Tonight is my third night and it means I have to be off tomorrow. I gave up one patient from my assignment last night because he was converted into ICU status. So that leaves me eight patients but still they were heavy. 35B was converted into ICU status because of unstable heart rate and blood pressure. I got Alicia as my LVN and Troyae as my CNA. Troyae is pretty brand new so I have to help her a lot.

Initially, I got really busy because of a lot of new orders and abnormal labs. I see to it that every labs were reported by the AM shift and that the orders were been carried out. Then after I passed all the IV meds and did my assessments and nursing actions everything had slowed down drastically.

I have to give blood transfusion though on 34A because of hemoglobin level of 7.0. The first unit was given by the AM shift and I have to give the second unit. His vital signs especially the blood pressure fluctuates a lot. Sometimes systolic goes down to low 90s and sometimes stayed at above 100s. Very finicky BP. He is tachycardic though ranging for above 100s to low 120s. I have to focus on him more.

Again I felt so tired despite that I slept a lot today plus I took some Tylenol PO before I left the apartment to alleviate my body aches and soreness. It made some relief initially then my fatigue sets in after 2300 and I was yawning a lot which I really cannot stop so I decided to go to my car and took a 30-minute nap which had helped tremendously to keep me going for the rest of the night.

After my nap, I helped Troyae changed and bathed the patients then Alicia took over after she went back form break. It was tiring but I have to keep going. Three more hours then my shift will be over. Can't wait to have it happen. II just finished checking my nursing actions again checking for any due interventions to be signed, observe, done, and signed. Then I went on my second break.

At 0600, I will wrap up my charting, nursing actions, MAR, and I&Os. Then I'll be off. Yay!

My off is not really that an off because I will be working as an RN Supervisor at Sharon Care. I mean it is just an easy job, mostly paper works, hang IV's and controlled issues on the sides. Will do some paper works, hang IV antibiotics, care planning, do admissions, etc. I'll start at 1500 and finish at 2330. It is an 8-hour shift, very short compared to Kindred.

I've been doing this in quite a while (3-4 months or so) and so far my body is not exhausted. I made sure that I'm well rested everyday. But sometimes I felt fatigue so I have to take some anti-inflammatory agents to relieve me of some discomforts.

Doing like this quite a while had helped me saved a lot of money for future endeavors. I mean I had save a lot of money and I am very happy. I mean, I cannot travel these days because of Covid19 so I have to work extra to save money for my future travels. I already put up some business in the Philippines because of this money. And I am ecstatic about that as well. I only ask God for guidance and blessing to make it successful and prosperous. I couldn't complain more if that will happen. Love you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment