Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Urban Walking

Been walking for two weeks daily around the neighborhood since the gym and the local parks are close. I got use to zigzagging the block in the neighborhood for several times to complete my lapse. I think this is the modern way of doing physical training in this covid19 times. Not much to do so I have to walk around to loose some weights and maintain my metabolism at the highest.

I find it enjoyable and fun walking on the sidewalks and not meeting not much people because they stay at home as mandated by the mayor and the governor. It's been hard at this time because some people has no work and no money to buy food for the table. I was fortunate enough that I still held my job as a nurse and a frontliner. But the danger is upon us as well if we're not that careful.

The virus does not discriminate and we have to double up our vigilance and extra precautions. Good thing the mayor had mandated for all people that get out of the house to wear mask. Now mask is required in public places here in Los Angeles.

Going back to my daily walks, it gave me time to pray as I walk and to be near with the Lord. I always praise God when I am walking and it is very uplifting. I felt that I am not alone. I felt that as I struggle keeping off my weight God is always there to help me and inspire me to do extra mile in my exercises.

I am not rushing for results. I know that the results will come gradually and that I am assured of God's guidance on what to do. It reminded me of my relationship with God. That I have to be patient for the answers in all my prayers and not to rush God for it.

I am envisioning how will I look in 2 or 3 months time. And I am sure all my efforts will be rewarded if I will not slack on this. Lord God please help me do this as a habit and that I will not tire easily in doing it.

I observed every day that as I walk my energy was being heightened and that I won't stop walking but if I felt sore I knew that the lactic acid will discourage me to do it so I make sure I have an anti-inflammatory handy for me.

I guess, urban walking is the trend nowadays and I've had seen some people doing it as well. With the rampant scare about covid19 I guess it will take sometime for offices, schools, restaurants, etc. to open or operate fully just like before. And as the president has his tantrums regarding the management outcome of his cabinet members regarding this covid19 thing most likely the chance of going back to normal is nil.

But I am not complaining. I am just wary about those people who lost their jobs of got laid off because their employer had to do it for a rational reason. It I snot understandable to others but it has to be done.

I'll just pray to the Lord God that this will be over soon and that everything will get back to normal which I doubt will be the same again. So much was been affected and so much had had happened. Mortality was high and infection was even exorbitant.

I guess all these had happened for a reason as well. And that we have to be mindful of our planet, the place we live in. During the month long lockdown, places around the world had lowered their pollution index as there were less people using transportation which emits carbon dioxide. NASA had noticed that the earth had healed himself gradually because of less carbon emissions in the atmosphere. And this is a good news.

Unfortunately, the toll of mortality around the world had reached past quarter of a million and this were an unprecedented moment that people will not forget and remember forever. The scar that the virus had left was deep and is difficult to heal and forget. But we must look forward and not look backwards for the bitter memory. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment