Saturday, May 2, 2020

Rocking The Boat

I woke up so renewed today from a long slumber. I had enough sleep so my spirit just screams to get out of bed and be physically moving. So I got up from bed, washed my face, and brushed my teeth. I warmed the electric kettle and sipped a little bit of instant coffee.

I remember when I was little, my father usually told us to drink warm water after getting up from bed in the morning. The reason about it......at that timr ....  I don't know. He didn't even bother to give us the rationale why. 

But later on, when I was mature enough, I found out that warm water will help your core temperature in regulating  your body circulation well from the whole night's inactivity. It promotes vasodilation to your arteries and veins for more effective blood flow.

Whereas, if you drink cold water, the one thing that will happen is..... it will narrow or constrict your veins and arteries thereby the body circulation is being slowed down because the circulatory passages becomes too narrow and eventually impedes the blood flow. 

After hurriedly enjoying the morning coffee, I put on my black Nike shorts, my overuse running shoes, and my gray thin hooded sweater and of course the ever needed mask then ambled around my neighborhood. 

This is the second day now of my goal. I had planned to do it for a month and see the changes it will do after 30 days. I know brisk walking is a good cardio exercise and also can help lose some unwanted pounds.

When I was in McAllen, Texas, I remember doing the walking exercise every morning at the park near my apartment and just ate high protein foods (Atkin’s diet) and I looked very healthy and well muscled that time.

Right now, I just wanted to do the same thing and see if it will be effective just like in the past for my alowing age. I'm already 50 years old, so I guess the process will be slow. I hope I have the patience to wait for the good results.

I am a person who wants the result immediately. But on this type of goal it entails a lot of waiting, patience, dedication, and will power to do it. I know I am just starting this plan and I am willing to wait. Hopefully, it will be a success. Oh God, please be with me. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment