Friday, May 1, 2020

In His Time

It is my off yesterday, and I literally slept for 12 hours. I woke up at 3am feeling hungry all to know that my fridge has only a jar of kimchi and my pantry has ramen noodles. I don’t want to cook on this wee hours so I just turned on my electric kettle and boil some water for the noodles. 

I was reading some verses in the Bible and came across Psalm 31:24 saying; ‘Be strong and let your heart take courage, all you who wait for the Lord!’

A verse so apt for this pandemic times. It asks me for three questions:

Firstly, ‘Why we have to wait?’ Yes, why does we have to wait for the time that this pandemic will zero out itself. It just test our patience and resilience. God is always true to us and if we can wait we can enjoy the benefits of our patience. I always believe that there is always a reason why things happens and we just have to trust God all the more.

Secondly, ‘Why did God test us?’ Which goes back to the question, ‘What do we get for waiting too long?’ Which then questions your patience and faith. There’s a reason why they say that patience is a virtue and that is to maintain your calm and faith in God. God test our faith that’s why He wants us to wait for the right time. Some of us became too impatient, insistent and demanding and blame God for their mistakes and wrong decisions. The more you wait the more your faith is tested.

Thirdly,  ‘What does waiting entails for?’ Simply, it entails us to wait for the right time and strengthen your faith in Him because everything happens with a reason. The things that happens right now has its ending and God will never abandon us if we have faith in Him.

Another reflection for me of the word of God. I am happy to do this everyday  and it positively stimulates my mind to think of ways on how to exult God as my savior. Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment