Wednesday, February 3, 2016

My Last Day At Playa Del Rey Rehab Center

Just couldn't contain my excitement to go to Sharon Care Center on Monday. Today was my last day at Playa del Rey Care Center and as a get away party my DON organized a party for me, who is leaving the facility and also for Sandra, the kitchen supervisor for her birthday. It was a very nice and simple get together party.

My DON had made sumptuous spaghetti(Filipino style) for everybody and also bought Popeye's crispy and spicy chicken which was a hit and some of the department heads brought desserts. It was a successful lunch party which every body had enjoyed. Some didn't even know that I was leaving and they were surprise because I did not say anything to them. I just kept it to myself and had only told few people about it.

Some were telling me that they were growing fond of me already and that they felt betrayed because I did not told them in the first place. Some said that they will miss me a lot because I was very easy to be approached for them, and that I am very helpful with them especially in helping them if they have problems with their patients, I was always the one who talked to their patients to just smoothen the simple problems they have.

I had told them the reason why I am leaving, because I live far from Playa and that I have to endure more hours to drive in working at Playa compared to Sharon Care which is only ten to fifteen minutes from my apartment. I am glad that they had understood my situation and plight. And that they had sympathize with me all through out. It bleeds my heart leaving the building where in I am fond already of my co-workers and now that I know my crush's name.

Actually, my crush was new here and I cannot stand and help myself leaving this place because I set a mission to get his name before I leave. He was young, handsome, and very "mestizo". Everyday when I come to work I couldn't help to giggle every time he passed by the station. My day is always complete everytime I saw him. I couldn't ask for more but to see him everyday to give me inspiration in coming to work just to see him. It was a very shallow alibi but at least I am inspired and that I am very productive at work.

I think I am ready to leave the place. At least I don't have to deal with the delusional Mario Lotino and that I am not anymore being harassed, bullied, and underestimated by him. As if everytime I am with him I am so small and that he always feels that he's the best of the best. But oh well, those were the good old days and now I have another environment to mingle with and be more content with all the time.

Aahhh...... I am so itchy to leave now and that counting the minutes to the end seems like forever to me. I am so grateful to this place and now that I own my freedom against the reins of my most hated person who used me and dragged me to the gutter, I couldn't be more thankful but very much appreciative to my clever decision to transfer.

Que sera sera...... as what the famous song of my childhood. It keeps ringing to my mind all the time especially at this times that I am about to be nostalgic of my stay here at Playa del Rey Center. Can't really complain but to be more hopeful and fateful of what will happen in the future. Life is always a given and it's up to us to enrich it. Oh well, good luck to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment