Thursday, February 11, 2016

Hard And Tough Personal Decision

I am at work right now. Since we don't have admission it's kind of inert right now. I have nothing to do. I might have been bored so I opted to do some blogs, since I haven't been here for quite a while. I am just plainly insane so just bear with me, okay.

Yeah, I started in my other job right, and my administrator was kinda restless because I think he made a mistake in giving me the base rate for my salary. Now he was kind of offering me the position as a salaried employee. Yeah, I know what you're thinking but I am very much aware of what he was trying to lay out to me.

He just cannot stop his edginess, he even connived with my DON who kinda very obedient to him as well, but he didn't know that she was also pro for my decision. So she just put a mask on her face and explained to me obediently what's in her mind just to make it so convincing to him and me but I already know the risks and benefits of both salaried and hourly so in order to make him believe that I am undecided I asked him to give me a 24 hour leeway to think about it then I will give him my decision after that.

I immediately posted my questions on Facebook and asked my friends for some enlightenment about the pros and cons between a salaried paid and hourly paid employee and I have various bright inputs and ideas as well as some very convincing disadvantages and advantages as well.

I kind of weighed in my ideas and decisions to all the comments sent to my post and I am very enlightened by them. Good thing I have the chance to make it known and shared my confusion online and on the social media, and that I had very huge positive results as well.

The following day when I reported at work I was so busy. I've been spinning like a wooden top around the building trying to carry out orders and help out other nurses regarding patient issues. It's very chaotic that day. Close to the end of the shift one of the patient act up to elope and we have to keep an eye on him. He was already outside the facility and we were convincing him to go back inside the building but he doesn't want to.

My administrator was been begging him literally to come back but to no avail. Finally, one of the ladies asked him to go inside to sign for his release and there we kind of breathe well after that.

I was tasked by my DON to call the PET Team so I made a series of calls until I got someone to take the resident. I was lucky, but then it was already the end of my shift when that culminated so I endorse it to the next supervisor. And I didn't even have a chance to talk to the administrator about my decision.

The following day, he got the chance to corner me at the nurse's station. So without further ado I told him instantly about my decision to be hourly paid compared to being salaried. There without any fuss he accepted my decision fair and square without any fuss.

Fro there, I can breathe well now. I hope he wasn't hurt about my decision. I think he is kind of more understanding enough about my decisions because he didn't even asked the erason why I chose it. He was very very professional as well which I really dig a lot. I hope he will stay humble as ever. Thank you and ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment