Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Of Using My Sick Hours

Had it occurred to you that you don't give a damn coming to work sometimes? Yeah, it just happened to me today and you know what I did not regret it. There's always comes a time that I am just sick of coming to work every day so it's just apt for me to call in and just wind up even just for one day.

That's why there is sick hours at work. So that's the time when I can use it because it will be taken anyway after twelve months. So basically I am being paid for calling in sick. How good it is to have that kind of benefit. Yay! But some employers are very strict about using sick hours. Some requires a medical certificate so that you can avail the sick hours, some do not. And I am very very lucky that my employer doesn't need some proof that I am sick. Very fortunate indeed!

When I started at Genesis Company I never used up my sick hours and I never did any sick calls. Today I decided to use some hours because I felt so tired and not really hundred percent ready to go to work today. I really felt that my body felt burnt out of working every day and waking up early in the morning where I still needed some good sleep. So this morning I decided to have a day off.

I woke up at 0300H having the urge to pee so I stood up, walked to the restroom which is just a few step across my room. As I was walking I felt the chill inside the room as well as the cold wooden floor at the hallway. I was still half awake when I woke up but I felt the urge to leak so I have to push myself to go to the restroom for the fear of aggravating myself having renal stones. It was a torture tiptoeing at the hallway, I look so pathetic I guess.

After I'm done peeing, I went to my bed and covered myself with the thick white downy blanket draped with another thick comforter to make me extra warm. I felt that I am not in the mood of going to work today and I realized that it is still early in the morning so I grabbed my cellphone and called the facility where Arlo LVN picked up the phone. I told her that I cannot make it today because I don't feel well so she told me that she will put me down and let them know in the morning. So that's how it started.

I went to sleep for another four hours and then at 0730H, I was woke up by my loud alarm clock. I immediately grabbed my cellphone and turned the alarm clock off then checked my calls but nobody had tried to call me. So that was an indication that the morning people had gotten my sick call from early this morning. Thank God!

Thinking that I am safe, I went to sleep for another four hours and felt really awesome after that because I rested well for the whole night.

Thank God there is sick hours to cover for the day that I don't-really-feel-like-working days. I am glad that my employer is very lenient about it and that it gave me some slack sometimes to take a day's rest. At least I don't have to stress out myself and think when will be my next day-off so that I can take some much needed rest.

Besides I just wanted to spend my sick hours off before I will transfer to Sharon Care Center so that I can start off from zero sick hours there and that I will not get tempted to call off because there was not enough sick hours to spend because I already exhausted it before transferring. And it really worked great! I never heard any complaint at all from Human Resources that I am abusing my sick hours and that's great indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment