Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Mini-Reunion

These days I am glad that I have to spend time with my college classmates even for a brief time. It was a fun mini-reunion I guess. It's good to see old familiar faces especially when I have them for four productive years during my college days. It's total riot! Non-stop talking had ensued. It was a fun get together.

Sunday..... I have to meet Daneth at Malina's house. I left the house at 0800H because I still have to drive to Long Beach, CA to locate Malina's residence. I decided to pick-up a tiramisu cake at Paris Baguette Bakery and then gassed up my car and then off to Long Beach for a smooth drive at 10 and 405 Freeways.

Near 710 I made a ride and then I found out I missed the exit because I made a wrong right at the forked freeway. I went back for two miles then went out at the right exit. Then I went in the subdivision where the house was located. I arrived there ten minutes early. I thought I will be late because I missed my exit but alas I still came on time.

I then texted Langga and walked towards her house where she opened the garage for me. Daneth was already there. We were shrieking at each other when we saw each other and then hugged tightly as if we had not seen for centuries. We giggled and jumped around like little kids. It was a very awkward site to see. Good thing we were only by ourselves and no one was there.

We proceeded to eat the breakfast that Malina's husband has cooked for us after proper introductions to him (he was hot) then we started with our agenda, planning committee's for our 25th reunion in June. Daneth took notes of our minutes and then we assigned people at each committees until we finalized everything.

Then Majella came and joined our meeting, then again we shrieked at each other and screamed because we were so eager to see each other after we left each other during college. Our meeting was very proactive, productive, and fruitful. We had formed our committees and will be deliberated to our other classmates.

After the meeting Langga and family will be leaving for church so we took our limited time to get selfies at the Christmas Tree and the poolside. Then we bade goodbye at each other. I then dropped off Majella at her apartment in Carson and then I went home.

Monday...... It was Monday afternoon, after work I went to Carson to pick-up Majella because we will be meeting Ludy, who was visiting for a leadership seminar. We will be surprising her for this meeting. She doesn't know that Majella will be with me as well as Manang Joy Doromal together with hubby Kuya Chito. She thought it was only me who will meet her at the Hyatt Hotel Lounge.

I got stuck in the traffic to pick up Majella, so I felt that we might me a little late for the meeting. I then texted Pie to make her aware that it was traffic and also gave Nang Joy a heads-up so that they can wait for us at the hotel lobby.

When we arrived we met Nang Joy and Kuya Chito at the lobby and then I texted Pie to go down. When she saw me at the lobby she did not expect the three persons I brought. When she saw us she also giggled and shrieked and then we hugged each other tightly. We talked for a while then proceed to the lounge to eat dinner.

We talked a lot, laughed a lot, screamed a lot, giggled a lot, shrieked a lot, etc. It was really a fun night. Some people were just looking at us because we were very noisy. But we did not care because it was the first time that Pie had saw both of them. I am glad that she was happy and grateful that I brought both of them.

We ended up close to midnight. We did not stop until the head concierge had warned us that they were closing. We bade goodbye at each other and called it a night. We had a great night.

I then drove Majella back to Carson and then I went home with a little smile in my face. It was really uplifting seeing those people who had a mark in your heart especially who were part of my growing up and maturity. Thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment