Friday, January 15, 2016

My Year End Review

Every year, I did some review about the past years and I always blogged it yearly. Many had happened the past year (2015) that I even forgot to blog it because I was not feeling like blogging it or was just lazy to write it down here. Even so, I still have to write it down here just for the sake of future use, reading, or memory accounting. This was kinda late now but I still have to do it and here it goes:

January was really a dark month for me last year. I was just considering to leave my teaching job because I was accepted at a skilled nursing facility near Marina del Rey. I was so heartbroken to leave the school but things had just gotten out of hand with the scheduler at school plus they were kind of roughening up those instructors who were sending students home early. I am really devastated really so I decided to end every thing. I also bought a new car (2015 KIA Optima) on this month. I have to give up my aging Toyota Avalon which had stalled me in the middle of the freeway. Hahaha. Anyways, I had it for nine years and I am satisfied about its service to me.

February was still a drought for me. I'm still stuck at the school teaching student nurses, and still waiting till the third week of the month to realize my resignation. I came to a point that I am very lonely and sad and that I am not in good terms already of the scheduler at school. So I decided to quit teaching for good and I applied at Playa del Rey Center, a Genesis company. I send my online application via Indeed.com and I am still waiting for the call. I am still loveless on Valentine's day but I am trying to be busy at work just to keep me active.

March, I finally got a reply at Playa del Rey Center after talking to Joel RN, the interim DON , who happened to be a Filipino. He promised me that I will be accepted and he will make sure of it before he leaves the following month. He will be going to Sacramento for another assignment but he promised to work on my application. I'm still stuck in school trying to keep my face in front of the bosses but the rift between me and the scheduler had already escalated to a maximum so I decided to make a drastic decision to leave before everything will get out of hand. Officially, I quit on this month at Homestead Schools, Inc. Anyway, I'm still teaching at Medical Allied in Norwalk. In that I don't really have to lose my teaching experience.

April.... it was the month of prudent decision making and drastic life changes. Whether to give up teaching and work at the bedside, I'm still lingering what to decide. So, I decided the later maybe because I got fed up of the fulfillment or satisfaction I got from teaching. I've been teaching for a long time now but I'm still stuck at the bottom and I felt that I am so rusty already, so I decided to go back to the bedside to re-learn and hone my untouched skills again. This month was also a tax month and it hit me so much this year because I did not have a refund and I have to pay Uncle Sam.

May was a very fast-paced month. My orientation at my new job at Playa del Rey Center was no piece of cake at all. I have to start from the bottom as the charge nurse before they will give me the supervisory position. That's how Genesis operates so I still have the patience to do bedside care to just improve my skills they say. Well at least I liked it a lot. I tend to learn my patients by heart and also learned to learn from them. It was a fulfilling decision I made I guess.

June... as the summer months sets in the heat of the events that were coming to were full of fire. It was a whirlwind believe me. June was kinda labile for me although I still love working as a charge nurse at the bedside but from time to time I was tapped to do a unit manager position where I have to hone my leadership skills as a true leader and follower as well. It was kinda challenging but I have loved it so far.

July and August were a very hot months. Although job was good yet a lot of money had slipped my hands. But every thing was cool I guess. I had planned to go home for a vacation and I already booked and arranged my itineraries. I already gave my bosses a heads-up about the plan and so far I never had any negativism about it. I am such a fortunate guy to have a new and understanding bosses, I guess.

September was a month that anticipation was building up regarding my vacation but still I kept my cool. I still woke up early in the morning to go to work without any qualms because I know soon I will be on the road again. I am very very excited about it. If you could only know how much my emotions had been boiling up inside me. All the preparations were worth it because as the end of the month approaches I will be out here basking on the warm sands of Cancun enjoying the turquoise waters of the Carribean sea.

October.... I left for a fifteen day vacation in Mexico, starting from Guadalajara, Oaxaca, Mexico City, and Cancun. I had a blast especially spending the whole day at Isla Mujeres during one of those days. It was stunning there. As if I don't want to leave. Hahaha. Mid-month I went back to Los Angeles and readied myself again for a four weeks vacation to the Philippines. I went to Palawan and celebrated my birthday alone in a very secret and uninhabited island where I commune only to myself and be at peace on my birthday. I had a quiet time to myself and I am feeling awesome that day. What a celebration!

November.... I went back to the United States very very broke but who cares, I had a blast during my vacation. I went back to work trying to recoup my finances and eventually it had stabilized after two weeks. Glad that everything went well. I like the idea of going and enjoying my vacation first then work hard afterwards. What a mentality!

December.... I rarely had an off because of my goal of saving more money to recoup my finances after I had a very long vacation which rendered me broke. I worked on all the holidays wherein I still remember my boss telling me that I needed to work during the holidays because I just got back from vacation and that I owed her a lot for permitting me to leave and enjoyed my vacation. I don't have qualms at all about it because she was very very nice and extremely considerate to me.

All in all, the whole year was a blessing to me. Although nothing much had happened it still gave me the lesson to be content of whatever I have or had and don't complain at all because others were on a worse situation compared to me. Thank you Lord for all your unconditional blessings and love!

No comments:

Post a Comment