Sunday, October 18, 2015

Unfortunate Homecoming

It was quite quaint to leave Los Angeles, for I am traveling alone back to my homeland. My expectations were surmounting like I am about to explode like a balloon. The pressure in me just about to make me burst and that my elasticity was been at the optimum. I am really excited to go home now and that seeing people that I grew of before was really unexpected.

Going to the airport was killing me. It was a mix of emotions that I cannot contain. I am just thrilled that this vacation came to fruition considering that the bitches at work really doesn't me to leave. But now, I am just very happy that it was realized. Thank God!

I left the house two hours early just to give time for me to line up the ticketing booth at China Airlines and the security checks at the airport. Well, I didn't really have a hard time checking in because I only have one luggage to check in. It was a piece of cake.

Now, I am waiting at the gate for the boarding and then off to Taiwan for a one hour lay over and then board for another connecting flight to Manila. All in all these flights were smooth and uneventful. My seat mate from Los Angeles to Taiwan was very quiet and demure. We haven't had time to talk each other. I think she was nice!

While in Manila, I hired a taxi to drop me off at the Manila Pavilion where I checked for three days (for free) courtesy from a friend. Upon checking in I rushed myself to the room to sleep off my jet lag. I slept for 12 hours just to recover from the lost sleep that I've missed since Mexico vacation. I was so exhausted and very very tired per se.

The following day, I woke up very fresh only to be greeted my a hovering typhoon forecasted from the newspaper that I am reading, for I never opened the television since I came. I immediately went to the window and observed the windy weather. It was unfortunate that a typhoon named Koppu (international name) Bagyong Lando )local name) was been smashing it's wrath in the upper northern region whereas Manila only experienced some sporadic winds and rainshower.

Well, despite of the typhoon, I had a visitor from my past who's trying to make amends from not resurfacing for so many years. We patched up our differences and became whole again. We had a lot to catch up so I spend my whole rainy and windy weekend with him talking about lost times and about our individual fate.

So far it was a very progressive homecoming and still be dealing with some more as I stayed here to search for that closure that I needed to deal with personally. Hopefully, everything will be okay and that I can have a peace of mind in the end when I go back to Los Angeles. Quite a run but still I have to take it slow so that everything will be taken cared of. Slow but sure, okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment