Saturday, June 20, 2015

Survey.... A Nerve Wracking Experience

Wow... when I came back to work last Saturday after my two days off I was appalled that my DON's and Administrator's cars were in the parking. It was odd because they normally doesn't work on a Saturday. And when I get in everybody were just passing to and fro as if they were expecting for something or somebody.

After I clocked-in I asked what's happening and they told me that the survey people were coming. They told me that they started the previous day and that time was the second day already.

I told to myself to calm down and murmured that I am ready in case they will question me. I started my day with a little prayer to guide me on what to do and that He will grant me a sound so that I will not commit an error. I am excited at the same time very nervous, a natural reaction maybe.

I started passing my medications, taking the resident's vital signs, and preparing the G-tube meds. I naturally did my own thing and so far nobody had approached me or followed me. I was just like cool that time because I know somehow somebody will gonna follow me. It was already noontime when I did my blood sugar checks when one surveyor asked me that she'll gonna check my cart.

I don't know what happen but I searched every pockets of my scrub but the keys are not in my wallet. I must have left it somewhere else. So I honestly admitted to the surveyor that I cannot find my keys and was suspecting that I maybe left it inside the cart. Sadly, she did not impose but was frustrated that she has not checked my cart.

I went to the patient's room to give the meds and they when I came out searching my right pant's pocket, it was there. That was embarrassing if the surveyor knows but apparently not because she left a while ago.

It was already 1400H when I was wrapping up my charting still there were no surveyors attacking me. I was just fortunately enough not to be questioned. It was a relief indeed because I am almost leaving. I heard they will be coming back tomorrow and their last day anyway.

Survey..... has a lot of anticipations yet these anticipated situations were not even asked. Hope we did good or at least okay, but it's still unto their mercy and it was doubSo far we have a good survey and they exited only after three days. What a very conspicuous day!

No comments:

Post a Comment