Friday, June 12, 2015

Streams

I was driving to work earlier when some guy (Hispanic) had cut me off in front of me at the crossing of Rampart Avenue and Third Avenue. I then realized that people were in a rush and they don't know what they're doing, even cutting other people was unconscionable.

Los Angeles is a very busy urban place that people doesn't care anymore if they hurt other people. As long as they can carry out what they want, that's it. They do not even realized that other people were been hassled or disturbed.

Generations nowadays were very more conscious about themselves and not other people. It is totally different anymore compared to other generations one or two decades ago. In my time, were more of a disciplined type persons compared to what was just transpired a while ago.

I was surprised that even on the street manners and behaviors of people can be observed. It's kind of a stream of movies you can just flick in front of you and then you can obviously see everything.

I remember watching the movie in Netflix titled "Alphas". There was an autistic character who can read magnetic waves in front of him by just scanning all the sounds and lights transmitted by throngs of people in the city. The setting was set in New York City and you know how the atmosphere in New York was.

I felt like that right now, with the windshield that served as the screen. All I can see were cars and each cars has depended their own personality with the kind of drivers it has. I was flabbergasted earlier by that guy who cut me off and there were a lot of possibilities that had run through my mind.

A lot of what ifs..... a lot of presumptions. It was scary and inevitable. What if.... he made a mistake in changing lane, what if .... he hit me at the fender, what if..... there were a piling crash, and most distracting is.... what if.... somebody got hurt.

Then I've realized that I still valued my life over the wrecklessness of one person. It was a scary thought. It really made me realized that I still have to live and make some difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment