Friday, July 4, 2014

Random Thoughts

Today is July 4th.... "Happy Birthday America!" Too bad I am working. Can't see the fireworks and enjoy the humidity all around Los Angeles. I am not gonna be enjoying the spectacular firework shows at the Hollywood Bowl, the Long Beach Harbor, and the Redondo Beach. I am so bummed out. But anyways, having to work on this holiday has a plus also. I got to be paid double time..... hehehe.

I went to school today to do some of my requirements, clinical grades, and lesson plans. I am also submitting some of the attendance sheets that the students had been signing these past weeks. Despite it was close, I am lucky I had the leys to open it and do all the paperworks I needed to submit. Now, I am immune to audits after a while that the secretary had been bugging me to submit.

Now that survey time from ABHES for school's accreditation is looming around, it is time again to update al my credentials and helathrequirements. Quite a hassle but it is essential to comply withit to maintain my position and credibility at school. It's really time consuming but worth it. Always have to do it annually, and I should have been used to it already.

******

After the stunning lost of my favorite team Mexico aka El Tri from the current Worls Cup held in Brazil last week I lost interest in watching and threading it. I guess the referee were to harsh to penalized Marquez with the dive the Robben had done on the last 90 minutes of the game which gave the Dutch team a 2 point score on the last minute overtaking El tri by on epoint.

It was a crazy game and I think Mexico was been robbed. They played well for the first and second half with a one goal that put them on the lead (courtesy of Dos Santos), but it must be some Divine intervention that they have to lose after Robben was awarded a penalty for diving when Marquez was challenging him with the ball. I thought diving in soccer is an offense. The referees were really underestimating Mexico thus led to their upsetting loss. Haist.

But I'm still glad El tri went through the best 16. It's just ironic that they got robbed and not play in the best o f8. But anyways, they're still my best team, including France, Colombia, and Costa Rica. Go football!

******

However today, more frustrations for me today. France lost against Germany and Colombia lost against Brazil with a very exciting game until the end leaving Neymar injured with a back injury and having Rodriguez awarded the most goals of the cup after scoring a goal for Colombia on the fifty-ninth minutes of the game.

It was pretty must a very upsetting soccer day for me today having my favorite teams dismantled and booted out for the quarterfinals with only Costa Rica left as my last hope playing with Netherlands tomorrow. The "Ticos" were just worried about Robben's diving so Coach Pinto had voiced it out during the press con held today in Rio de Janiero. Hopefully, the referees will be more aware of this worries and will be more just and fair with their decisions tomorrow. We'll see! Go "Ticos"! Go! Go! Go!

******

I will be covering the group in El Monte tomorrow for the clinical rotation to cover for Mrs. Adriana who requested for a vacation. I am excited to teach them about newborns and delivery. I've been in El Monte before and I can't wait to share to them my expertise in the field. ER was also nice for them to gain experience there and I am very eager to give them an unforgettable two day clinical experience. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment