Sunday, April 20, 2014

Dining With My Best Cousin Pre-Easter Night

Yes, today is Easter. A new beginning for all human beings after Jesus had shed his precious blood to reclaim ourselves from the bonds of sin. A time where Jesus rose from the dead and claimed victory against human sin. A time to renew our undecided faith in God our Father. A promising resurrection of our new life from the dark abyss or pit made by our sinful ways. That's my point of view.

I did not have time to go to church today because I have a clinical rotation at Los Angeles Community Hospital in Sub-Acute Unit with my group from Medical Allied Career Center LVN School. I was off the previous night because one of my co-worker at NHCS had traded me days for that precious Saturday so I have a chance to make time for myself and also catch up some needed rest. Hence, I woke up early this morning and joyously geared myself for the clinical rotation. I felt so refreshed this morning having that much needed rest last night.

Last night, I went out with my favorite cousin Val. We had dinner at a French inspired resto in the plush area of Los Feliz, called the Figaro Bistrot and Bakery. It was a very famous and good restaurant serving French inspired entrees. The atmosphere was cool and romantic and there were a lot of people eating there. The line outside was irritatingly long. Good thing my cousin Val had made reservations ahead of time, and we don't have to painstakingly wait outside.

The weather was kinda cool on this eerily dark Spring April night and the streets were kind of crowded with cars and passersby seemingly dominating the streets. It was a busy night at Los Feliz and a lot of people were out for a night out considering it was a Saturday. Restaurants were teeming with customers and the honks and buzzes of the vehicles passing by on the streets were boisterous and dizzyingly annoying. But it didn't hinder us to enjoy our dinner at Figaro Bistrot.

We ordered food and enjoyed the succulent and tasty food. I ordered the creamy boneless chicken Jidori and Val had ordered the tasty drunken Coq au vin. We savored the flavors and palatability of our foods and took time to enjoy everything on the plate by having a very nice and interacting conversation, catching up for the lost times that we had missed despite of the hectic schedules of our work. We were so busy then that we didn't even have time to reconvene our last meeting last year. We were just glad we saw each other again and had that wonderful brotherly talk.

After we ate our succulent entrees we stayed there and ordered some hot and creamy French brewed coffee and topped our dinner with a very flavorous creme brulee which we shared together with much gusto. We then continued our non-stop conversation then giggled and laughed with each and every funny stories we had to tell each other. We had such a blast that night making our intimate conversation unstoppable and uninterrupted. It was hilarious!

Val and I were just like brothers. He is my best cousin who is of equal age as me. We were born on the same year and we were classmates since we were elementary. We were separated only when they migrated here in the United States after high school but then we still stayed connected and never let loose of our relationship as friends and family.

We knew each other in and out because we always confined to each other when we have problems. There were no secrets between us and we both help out each other when someone needed a shoulder to lean on or an ear to listen. We were more that brothers actually. We never had had some rifts in the past because we really understand each other. I don't know but that's just us. We look like little kids when we see each other and never stopped talking. We just don't ran out of topics in our conversations which we always giggled and laugh at. I am glad I had a cousin like him who is always there to support me when I needed it most.

We concluded our dinner at 2230H and we bade goodbyes just like it was our last day to see each other. We were so nostalgic at that time and we ended up hugging and embracing each other promising to call each other and meet up again for another dinner when we have the utmost chance to do it. It was just heartwarming to see my gorgeous cousin. Tipping our surprised get-together with mementos to remember for that night, I gave him a key chain and he gave me an empty 32 GB USB memory storage. Oh how sweet! (It is always our tradition or habit to do this.)

I then drove to a nearby Ralph's store to buy my dog her favorite dog food and then drove straight home because I have a clinical work the following day. The night was so calm and breezy yet the rush of the Saturday night weekend for the party-goers had just barely started so I hurriedly drove home fearing that the traffic will be bad on my way home. Happily, I arrived home safely despite of the moderately congested traffic on my way home. Thank God!

No comments:

Post a Comment