Monday, November 18, 2013

Revisiting Xochimilco

November 17, 2013 (Sunday): As usual I woke up late at 1000H and was still groggy from the five rum cokes that I have drunk from hanging out at "Tom's Leather Bar" in Condesa. Actually, I had a blast last night watching the naked go-go boys. In fact I got drunk and had incurred a hang-over.

So much about the hang-over. Today is a brand new day. I am planning to go back to Xochimilco and enjoy the boar ride. My feet are still sore from walking a lot yesterday so I popped a Vicodin and mixed it with Neurontin. I hope I will last for the whole.

Today, I decided to take the Metro. After I changed i immediately asked the hotel receptionist to tell me how to go to Xochimilco using the Metro. He then produced a map and showed me the train route explaining the direction in broken English. I gratefully thanked him and then I took off.

I walked along Londres Avenue and decided to passed by the Starbuck's Cafe to buy a grande cafe latte and then asked the nice middle-aged security guard where to find the subway outlet for Insurgentes for a second opinion. It doesn't hurt to ask for my safety.

After finding the outlet without a miss I know that I could be up for the greatest challenge of my life. Before buying the ticket I studied the map first then inquired at the ticketer and asked for a ticket going to Taxquena as what I am instructed by the hotel receptionist. The ticketer charged me 3 pesos and told me to get off at Pina Suarez hub then go up one level and take the blue line going to Taxquena.

I was relieved that the people I had bumped were very helpful to me in giving me directions. Mexico City's subway is almost the same as the subways in Europe. The trains were clean and appears ultramodern. Problem is, it always get crowded all the time. No wonder Mexico City is one if the most populated city in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment