Monday, November 18, 2013

On My Way To Puebla

November 18, 2013 (Monday): I woke up early this morning at around 0730H and packed my things for I will be checking out shortly and take a bus going to Puebla, Mexico to start my Spanish Immersion Class. I am kind of nervous because this will the first time that I will be on my own to travel in this country. My Spanish was so limited but still I'm up to challenge myself to study for this vacation and hopefully my goals will be fruitfully achieved at the end of three weeks. Fingers crossed.

After seeing to it that everything were been in order and packed I then took a warm shower. I guess the temperature outside was kinda cool just like yesterday. The sky appears so gloomy. I hope it won't rain today. After the shower I then changed and went to the hotel receptionist and took my passport and pocket money kept from the safe and then I asked the receptionist (his name is Carlos) how could I go to TAPO where I will getting the bus to Puebla.

He told me to let him know when I will be leaving so that he can call a taxi to bring me to TAPO. I then went back to my room and counted the money which was exactly the same as when I deposited it. After that I decided to change money first before going to Puebla, just in case I ran out of local money. The change today was 12.35 pesos per dollar better than when I came here last Friday which is 10.23 pesos.

After changing the money, I decided to fetch some coffee at the nearby Starbuck's Cafe, which I usually frequented starting when I came here, for this is the only more convenient one for me judging by its distance from the hotel. After paying off the cafe latte that I ordered I then went back to the hotel and checked out. After checking out, Carlos called a taxi for me which promptly came after ten minutes.

I left the hotel at 1005H and the taxi driver drove me to TAPO, the central bus terminal herein Mexico City, which is located near the airport. After dropping me off at TAPO and paid the driver handsomely I then pulled my luggage inside the circular terminal and then looked for the AU Bus Terminal for I was tad that the bus usually goes there. When I got to the inquiry booth I checked the posting on the monitor and noticed that the bus will be leaving shortly at 1100H.

I then asked the lady manning the booth and asked her for one ticket going to Puebla. She showed me a monitor for me to select my seat and after choosing seat #17 I paid her with 120 pesos and then she handed me the ticket. She then pointed me where to wait and then I sat near Gate 1. I waited for five minutes and then after that the overhead pager called for the boarding so I lined up and showed my ticket and then handed my luggage to the porter which he eventually stuck underneath the baggage deposit area.

I then handed my ticket to the driver and then he marked seat #17 and he instructed me to go up and look for my seat. When I found my seat the bus left after ten minutes heading to the south expressway going to Puebla. There was no traffic on the highway maybe because it was Black Maunday Holiday for the whole Mexico and people were at home enjoying their day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment