Wednesday, October 9, 2013

I Obviously Noticed

Yeah.... it seems that I am oozing with confidence today. I don't know what is happening but I woke up this morning so pumped up despite I had insomnia last night and went to sleep at 0200H. I only slept for three hours and I still feel so relaxed.

It was still dark when I woke up this morning, a sign that Fall had indeed settled in. I am used to the bright morning that Summer had been ushering in few months back but it seems that Fall season was been looming around everywhere.

My body clock seems to like and got used to the bright morning and it will be hard for me to adapt again for the next season. I noticed that the weather in the morning was quite windy and cold lately and I like it better compared to the slight humidity of the Summer. Yeah... I like Fall and Winter season, because of the cold breeze of the early morning day.

I drove to work this morning going to Torrance because I have a clinical rotation with Batch 44B at TCCW and it was still dark when I left the house at 0615H. Usually, it was springlike bright on those times. The traffic was already heavy at that time and I feared that I will be probably late. (Actually, just slightly because I arrived at 0705H, at the clinical site,  just five minutes tardy. Lol.)

I started my early morning conference with the students, still feeling confident, and telling them what to do by explaining our goals and expectations for the day. I am happy that the students were very accepting of today's goals and they seem to be very compliant and reliant about it.

I hand them the forms that they needed to submit during the post-conference later, including the pathophysiology, the mini care plan, and the drug studies. They were very receptive at it.

Then come their medication process, I asked them questions about the drugs that they were preparing and they were very ready for it, although there were some who still struggled explaning about the drugs that they are preparing. It was just a minor mistake and I can handle it. It only needs a little polishing and they will be okay.

We medicated the residents, did the morning care, changed the G-tube dressing, assess the G-tube site, got the accuchecks and covered the insulin injections. It was a very busy day but we survived the challenge. Thank God!

At post-conference we answered some practice test about the enteral tube feeding questions and did some intravenous calculations which they had struggled a lot. Well, I might probably focus on this calculation thing for them to get familiar with. Time will come they will get better about all the needed calculations process.

I am glad that I am a part of this very receptive group who wants to learn a lot from their rotation. They were not that demanding nor complained for anything about the amount of work I put them in. They were extremely very eager to learn all things and I am glad that they have the drive to do it. In my observation, they would likely to succeed in the future.

I think this really made me so confident today. The aura that I exerted and showed earlier was beyond explanation. I was just there telling them what to do. It fattens my heart because they are all eager to learn with me today. I hope they will keep this spirit until fourth term, when they finished. Yeah, I like this group. I like Batch 44B!

No comments:

Post a Comment