Monday, October 7, 2013

Blooming And Fleeting Excitement

Yeah, I'm up for an impending long vacation next month and I'm really excited about it. It will be a month long vacation. I intend half of it for a volunteer work and another half for adventure. I hope it will be a very enjoyable and memorable vacation just like my previous vacation.

My goal for this vacation is to serve the community as well as learn Spanish. I signed up for a three weeks Spanish immersion class in Puebla, Mexico. The school that I'm going there was been recommended well online and I hope my expectations will be fully met. My excitement really brew extremely and I can't wait for it to happen. I am glad I decided for it.

Honestly, this is an adventure decision. I didn't know what to expect really. I'll be on my own for this without the help of a guide or my friend wholives there. I didn't even informed my friend that I will be going back there for a schooling. I am very much inclined to learn everything on my own. I hope I will survive it.

Well, I hope it will not be dangerous down there. Judging with my previous vacation there it seems that it is safe touring there. I saw some Europeans there taking classes and living the life of a student learning new languages. I am just not sure if I can blend in but I will try. My adventurous nature tells me to go so here I am signing up for the course.

In between the classes, according to the brochure, it says that we can opt in volunteering. So, I planned to volunteer in an orphanage or teaching Math, English, and Science in elementary and high school. This is my long time dream to help and volunteer so here I am. Thank God I decided for it. I hope it will be a great learning process as well as a life changing adventure.

I made some plans for places to go and most of the places I will go are mostly found in the state of Quintana Roo. Included in my trip was to see the Olmec place in Tula, Hidalgo as well as the Prismos Basalticos Falls in Hidalgo state as well. I also want to see the pyramid ruins of El Tajin in Veracruz as well as the other Mayan ruins in Chetamal and the Zapotec ruins in Monte Alban in Oaxaca. So many interesting places to go and I don't know what to do.

What I really expect form this long vacation i sto achieve my ultimate goal to learn Spanish extensively so that I can communicate well during my travels there because I am still planning to go back there and see more beautiful and magnificent places. I am also planning to travel in South America every year hence studying Spanish is really a must. And that is my ultimate goal for this vacation. That is why I am there for a three weeks extensive class which I am excited about.

I will be meeting a lot of people from all over the world. Who knows I might be good friends with them. I am super ecstatic about it and I wish it could be tomorrow. Hehehe. Haist.... I just cannot describe what I am feeling right now. It's just that anxiety had been building up gradually. I feel that I have butterflies in my stomach and that I am really in a "flight or fight" situation. You know what I mean.....

There are some manifestations like I couldn't eat, couldn't concentrate or focus, couldn't put things at the right places. Very hard to imagine. How I wish it's starting now so that my anxieties could be lessened. It's killing me softly.... as what the song says. Damn..... I just can't wait for it to happen. As if it is a matter of life and death..... I don't know why I felt like this. It could be I'm so burned out at work and just wanted to escape from it. Who knows!

Apparently, I have to b erealistic here. I have to focus that it will happen in one month's time so that it won't defeat the fleeting excitement that I feel. I have to makes plans so that every thing will be organized and will be in order. It's just the right thing to do for now. And focusing all my energy to dawdle for a thing that is not suppose to happen will cause more apprehensions and anxieties. That I needed to get rid of.

I just can't describe my excitement right now. Everything that I feel right now is just an anticipation of what is looming or coming. It is just temporary. Albeit it is fleeting. So what I have to do now is to get back to reality and get on to my horses and do as well as plan for the right reasons. Good luck to me. Oh... I just can;t wait for it to happen. Aaahh.....

No comments:

Post a Comment