Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Sensible Anticipation

In one-month time I will be embarking for a long journey and vacation in Mexico. I had planned it out several months ago and now it's looming around. I am quite anxious about it and doesn't really know what to expect. Hopefully, everything will turn out well and that I will be having a blast and a memorable vacation.

I will be going to Puebla, Mexico to enrich my Spanish knowledge, because I signed up for an intensive three weeks advanced Spanish immersion class which will ultimately improved my knowledge about Spanish, how to talk effectively and use the much dreaded conjugations successfully. I've been planning about joining the classes several years back but because of my intensively hectic and busy schedule at work, I had postponed the plans several times as well. Now, I can't believe that it will be realized. I am greatly excited!

So much to think about it, so much to plan as well. The anticipation was just piling up continuously. I am overly overwhelmed and at the same time I am greatly delighted to have it done. I just can't wait for it to happen. It's gradually killing me on what to prepare and plan. I have a lot of things in mind and I don't think I can accommodate all of them. It had pretty much temporarily blanked me out to a point that I can't think purposefully anymore.

But things needed to be decisively planned and prepared and I have to do it as much as possible while I still have enough time and while it is still early. I have to know what to permanently and temporarily expect from this vacation so that I can plan out my desired activities well according to those laid out expectations that I needed to meet or accomplish. It's the hardest situation to be in, if you don't know yet.

Planning on what important things to bring, what to do effectively, what to see and enjoy visibly, where to go to have fun and learn about the place, and other major as well as minor things to cover during this trip was very enormous to tackle. I have to strictly and cautiously pick and chose the most important and necessary things to do and cover, so that I can enjoy my long vacation. I don't want to marginally cram on this trip so I have to decisively plan it out well.

These previous days, I have made some reservations already. I already bought my ticket for my flights last June. I have to fly to Mexico City from Los Angeles and stay there for the weekend to party and browse the city again, then after that I will take an airconditioned bus going to Puebla on a Monday and will report to the Spanish school for the welcome party. Then I will stay there for three weeks for the intensive Spanish class and the much anticipated volunteer work.

After three weeks, I will fly to Chatumal in the state of Quintana Roo to check another Mayan ruins there, then take the bus going to Tulum after two days to check another different Mayan ruins near a beach, then two days after will go to Playa del Carmen to snorkel at Cozumel, then stop at Cancun the following two days and stay there for three days to enjoy the white sandy beaches then head back to Los Angeles. If I have enough time I might cross the strait and go to Havana..... who knows. We'll see!

All the hotel reservations were been made and paid off as well with the assurance that I can cancel it one day before the check-in if something wrong happens. All the necessary paperworks were been filed in one folder so that I can keep track of my itineraries. I even meticulously made a table of my schedule to organized myself. It was been revised several times to fit my daily agenda.

Now, I have to meticulously plan out on what things and places to do and go when I will be there so I've been conscientiously browsing the internet with determination on what places that are appropriate to visit when I will be there, although I have some few specific places that I was eyeing to visit eventually. I can't wait! I also can't wait for the night travels by an airconditioned bus as I hop from one town to another.

Another thing that I needed to prepare are my wardrobes. I don't know what to prepare and stuff in my luggage. I was planning to travel light because I have experienced in my previous travels that bringing a big luggage and have it towed wherever I go was really hard and a big struggle and burden. So, I have to do my best to just stuff few of my clothes, shoes, and other stuff in a light carry-on luggage to enjoy this trip.

So many things to do and plan for this vacation, yet so little time to do it because I am still working two jobs and am very extremely busy all the time. I needed to save more money for this vacation to enjoy it fully and reap the promises and benefits it has to offer. I just don't want to miss on other things that I needed to do there so I needed to shore up enough money for my own personal enjoyment. Hopefully, I will have a blast! Money is also very important so I have to prepare well for this. Although, it is not a problem at all.

Another thing that I needed to plan is where to leave my cutie-patootie chihuahua light-brown dog. I am extremely worried about her when I am gone. I am thinking who will feed her and take care of her when I am gone. I have talked to my landlord personally if he can do it and fortunately I was lucky enough that he said yes. I will surely miss my beloved Diamond! Thirty days is long a long time and I hope she will miss me, too. I will miss her greatly.

I am also worried where to leave my car. In my previous vacations I left my car at the driveway near the house of my landlord and left the keys to him so that he can heat up my engine everyday so as not to give any problems when I'm back. For this vacation, I am planning to leave my car with my landlord again. I am so lucky that my landlord was so kind enough to take care of my beloved dog and my precious car and my apartment as well when I'm gone. I just can't express my happiness for his kindness, benevolence, and for being there all the time for me in case I need his help. He is indeed a very loyal and reliable friend. Thank you very much Julio!

I'm quite excited now albeit I have this numbing feeling that I have butterflies in my stomach. I just can't wait for my vacation to happen and I am anxiously anticipating for it and preparing for what to do and what to expect. It's really hard to plan and to lay them out, as well as schedule the activities that I expected to do during this vacation, but I have to do it, so that I will have an unforgettable sojourn that I can treasure all through out my life. Hopefully, all will be okay. Please help me Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment