Monday, October 21, 2013

Pre-expectations For My Birthday

Every time I celebrate my annual birthday I usually plan out where I gonna celebrate it. I always come up with an idea to spend time for myself for the whole day. For me it's my day so I have to spend it just for me and me alone. But lately, it seems that getting older had gave a toll on me and I doesn't really expect more to happen because maybe of fear of losing a lot of things like my independence, my physicality, my intelligence, and a lot of things. It kind of scaring me off expecting for something to happen which I usually do before my birthday.

I've been celebrating my birthday most of the time by requesting and doing vacations or maybe having fun in the parks or playgrounds, and those had given me vivid memories that I still treasure forever. It kind of bringing me back to those days reliving what had happened during my birthday.

I've celebrated my birthday in Palm Springs sometime ago and booked a room in one of the resort there (where I forget the name) then had basked myself under the sun and enjoyed the whole day doing spa treatment, sweat in the sauna, and pamper myself just because it is my birthday. It was such a different experience to have done that.

I celebrated my birthday in Italy two years back and that one was also unforgettable. Strolling at the cobblestone streets of Turin, Italy had brought me a lot of unfaded memories that always had reverberated inside my unconsciousness and made me realized that I am a lucky person. Trying on succulent pizzas you may never tasted in your whole life was a blistering blast. I just couldn't ask for more at that time. Italy had given me one of my unforgettable birthday celebration ever. I am so blessed to have it.

Last year, I celebrated my birthday with friends and classmate at the most happiest place on earth..... Disneyland! It was fun regressing and acting like a child again. It gave me at least one day to enjoy being a child.... unihibited despite I am not. Hopping from Disneyland to Disney California Adventure was loaded with memories indelibly inked in my subconscious mind. Meeting with the most celebrated couple..... Mickey and Minnie, was again the icing of the day. I had a blast!

This year, I am planning for a simple birthday. I am working during that dayanyway. I didn't intend to have an off because of my pending one-month vacation in November to Mexico, so I have to maintain the tight end of my pants so that I can enjoy my vacation next month. It was a pinching sacrifice I can wage a war on. I will be working in the clinical rotations during the morning and will meet with my co-workers at "Noypitz", a Filipino comedy bar in Glendale, CA to eat, sing, and party. We will then be doing karaoke and watched a comedy show at the restaurant after a hearty dinner. It sounds fun to me!

The following day, I have a date with my landlord and his boyfriend Joaquin. We will be going out in the evening to eat out then Julio is planning for us to watch a movie. Pretty simple but spending time with my bestfriends is awesome and priceless. There is no words to describe celebrating birthdays with my beloved friends who were very loyal, kind, and caring to me. At least they are family to me now, because I always had consider them as such after living at the house for eight years. It will be an interesting night with them.

This year, I am not expecting to have a high-end birthday bash. All I just wanted is to celebrate my day alone. After my clinical rotations I will be preparing myself to have a dinner alone at "Chi Spacca" (a contemporary Italian chain restaurant by the acclaimed Mario Batali) and will be planning to eat the famous lamb racks. I had reserved this dinner two weeks early in anticipation of my big day. I will be enjoying my food and paired wine that will match my ordered food. At least I can have my alone time and enjoy every moment of it...... happeniing only on my birthday.

After the dinner, I will be going to San Pedro to watch a Cirque de Soliel show called "Totem" which I had booked a month early because the show is always sold out. I just don't want to end up waiting for a long line for just one ticket during my birthday. I have to plan out everything early so that everything will flow out smoothly without any hindrance. Hopefully, the show will titillate me and as well as entertain me for that was my ultimate goal anyway during my birthday.

I just couldn't wait celebrating my birthday alone and make out the most of it. For sure, my Facebook page will be loaded and bombarded with online greetings and well wishes coming from my families and friends abroad. I will be a year old yet, here I am acting like I never aged. A denial everyone normally does especially when it comes to issues of getting old. Hahaha. I don't know why getting old is always a sensitive issue or topic to some? For me, it doesn't matter how old a person is, what matters for me is the inside beauty of the person whether he is young or old.

My birthday will be in four days. Anticipation boils.... angst gets hightened..... expectations are burning...... and the wait gets nearer and nearer. I am not scared of it but am loving the idea that I will be in harmony with myself, now that the reality of getting old is imminent and looming everywhere. I am just cool about and will just wait for it to happen naturally. In the end, the fact that I'm a one year old higher could not be contested and reversed anyway.

I will eventually get old and will get awefully wrinkled. What is important is I had build up a lot of integrity and had made some very few good friends to treasure with. Life is indeed fluid. It does reminds me that life is only temporary and there is no permanence in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment