Sunday, July 28, 2013

Planning For My Upcoming Vacation

It seems that I am giddy now about my upcoming vacation in November. I have a lot of plans yet I am very busy lately to laid it out. Hopefully, every thing will be in the right place as the day comes near. I may have been bored that's why I am planning this vacation so early. Mexico has found a soft spot in me so I planned my upcomiing vacation there and hope for a very exciting one.

Yesterday, I decided to sign up for a three weeks Spanish Class in Puebla, Mexico in November just in time for my vacation there and then a seven day vacation in Cancun, Mexico after that, making my vacation a full one month. I can't wait for the day I will start my vacation and enjoy the benefits of not being bothered by the stress of work but yet getting paid full time while doing it. How sweet indeed!

My anticipation was been long overdue and I am more apprehensive of what to expect when I'm there. I'm reading some comments of the students who took the class before and it seems that 85% of them were satisfied about the course. I hope I will be contented and satisfied about it, too. I just can't wait to meet and see new friends and create a new set of correspondence.

Seeing Puebla again was another thing in my mind, and a sweet icing to my cake, because I feel that I needed to go back there and see the nearby places I haven't been when I was there last year especially the town of Cholula and the state of Hidalgo where I am planning to explore before but because of my short vacation in the past I haven't done it.

I've been to Puebla before and the sceneries there were spectacular. The reason I wanted to go back there is that I love the place and it's rustic ambiance as well as the beauty of the Popocapatl volcano that serves as a magnificient backdrop of this serene, quiet, and progressive town. The unique colonial aura of the place was been apparent by it's surrounding architectural structures and it showcased a lot of beautiful vintage buildings reminiscent of the pre-Columbian and Columbian period.

Another reason I wanted to go back there is because I never got the chance to see the town of th enearby Cholula and the famous monastery on top of the burried pyramid which was believed to be the biggest pyramid around the world despite it was burried under the gorund. Archaeologists had confirmed it through manuscripts and researches that it was the largest pyramid ever existed in ancient times and there were a lot of excavations made in the past that had proved the theory. I also wanted to go back to the Aztec pyramids in Teotihuacan to reminisce my previous visits there. I am very excited now and I just can't sit still. It will happen four months from now and counting.

Another reason I am getting back there because of the authentic local foods I have eaten there before. I'm still dreaming of that tasty and delicious "chicken mole" I've tasted at a restaurant near the old downtown in Puebla and it still reverberated at the back of my mind. Food is one of my weaknesses and it always capped all of my vacations previously. My vacation is not complete without trying the staple delicacy of the place I am visiting. It always completes my journey, I don't know why. It also gives me the opportunity to explore the culinary culture and the ways and customs of the people there by just trying and immersing in their own culture. And I love to do it and respect that fully. In the end I will also get the same respect.

Planning is a very hard part. I am still researching what place to focus on exploring when I am there and I have several in my mind already. I already consider the safety of the place I am going because I've heard a lot of negative feedbacks about some places in Mexico and that will be an important consideration to have in mind in planning for a vacation. Danger is always imminent and unpredictable and we don't know when it happens, so an enormous precaution should be given into consideration. And I myself will be considering it in my planning stage.

Being adventurous also entails a lot of danger but safety is of utmost importance for everybody and for someone who's doing and experiencing the vacation process. I myself is a very adventurous person and I always learned from it a lot. No one wanted to put themselves into danger and if there is anyone then he or she must be crazy.

An ounce of danger is quite a tickler and it doesn't even kill the curiousity but great caution and a sense of instinct is needed to avoid them. Maybe having "the sixth sense" as what some people says can probably make you safe as well. I'm just presuming here but sometimes it works I think. I myself have a lot of instances that my instincts is always 100% true and I'm a very stubborn person all the time not following my "sixth sense". Silly me though......

Well, my plans was almost a reality. I already set the dates and also had purchased the tickets. So, off to preparation stage next and can't wait what to include and bring when going there. Haist..... this is getting harder I believe. Million sighs......


No comments:

Post a Comment