Sunday, July 21, 2013

Gratitudes For What I Do

Today, I came in early at Los Angeles Community Hospital where I will be meeting the first group of my clinical students from Medical Allied Career Center. Actually, this will be my first day with the group as a clinical instructor and officially, my first day for this new employer as my part-time teaching, job apart from my full-time teaching job at Homestead Schools, Inc.

The new school is located at Norwalk, CA and I will be doing a part-time work there as a theory and clinical instructor during the weekends because I can't afford doing it on weekdays due to the fact that it will alter the schedule of my other jobs. It's kind of difficult to juggle my times from my different jobs but I'm still here anyways.

My new boss was kind enough to accommodate and allow me teach there, so I am very thankful for her to give me a chance and opportunity to teach this group of students for their first clinical day. I told her that I am very passionate in teaching students especially in the clinical rotations, judging with my track record, and that students had like me in the past because of my compassion to teach them.

Getting or accepting this job entails a lot of gargatuan responsibilities and harsh expectations, so I am very confident that I can pretty much successfully fulfill it with much dedication and utmost professionalism. I don't know how I will do it but I have faith in my Lord God that he will walk me through it in order to be victorious in the end, doing it with unexplainable passion.

It's kind of struggle having to multitask my schedules from one job to another and I guess I have to have a lot of determination, compassion, and faithfulness to the Lord God for making it all possible for me. It was a great blessing that He is very caring for me and I felt so blessed. God.... thank you very much for your great help. I could not ask for more.

I am glad that everything had turned out well today during my first day with the students and they were all appreciative of the every efforts that the amiable staff have showed them despite they're still feel they're novices. The unconditional patience from the staff were so enormous and that they were really a good and instrumental medium for the students to grasp the "ins and outs" of the Subacute Unit they are working at. I felt so lucky that the staff had cooperated as well. It was really a surprise!

Despite the first day was not over yet the students had nicely commented that they feel like they were already working at the unit for a long time. See... what magic just did! My students were the most eager students I've ever had. They were in a range of 18 to 73-years-olds and it was kind of a very diversified group I've had. A very interesting group as well.

Hopefully, next week I will progress them to the next level until they fully grasped and imbibed the routines and the regular activities of the unit. It will be a slow process though..... so patience is a must here and hopefully it will bring more magical moments along the way.

Honestly, I can't complain for more. Despite how tired I am, I really felt so much appreciated and respected by this group. The feeling of getting satiated after a full meal was been apparent to me at this time. It feels really good and comforting if you may know it. It was the best consolation ever I've got in my whole entire life.

Meeting them half way was a tough job despite of some negative endoresements I've got from their previous instructors. I worked through it though and I am glad everybody's happy in the end. It was a great feeling indeed!

I guess it takes a lot of guts and courage to have done it with flying colors and frankly, I didn't have any idea at all how it will end up and how I will do it. For me. it was just a job to do and I did it so naturally and kind of came out of it without any trouble or problems. It was very fascinating eh. I think everyone deserves a comforting pat on the back.

Oh well, I'm just being so proud of myself and very thankful that everything had worked out that well. I guess I was just the luckiest person right now and I'm grateful for it. Oh what a good day indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment