Monday, July 15, 2013

Opportunities Abounds

They say that there's always the right time for you to rise and it's up to God when you can have it. But for me, I am a firm believer that life has a purpose and we all have a moment to shine. And when that time comes, I will be the happiest person in the whole world.

Since I came here to America to practice and work as a nurse I felt so blessed that I've been given the opportunity to care people who are sick and I am so grateful that I've been given the chance to learn and improve what I've learned from school. Nothing else beat the opportunity I've had and as I nurtured and equipped myself with insurmountable experiences and knowledge I may say that I am now a very confident and lucky nurse in the field that I have chosen whiich is Pediatrics and Geriatrics.

I am just so thankful that everything went well in my pursuit to be a very effective nurse in the clinical settings. I still consider that every day is a learning process and I never stopped to learn to improve my skills and my experiences. I felt that I still needed to learn new things because my profession is always evolving. There are a lot of opportunities around and I always make use of them in my learning process.

Nursing is a very noble job and I am very proud to belong to a few selected branches of nursing which really emphasized the value of empathy and compassion. My calling was a very hard one but as I grew up every year I can now understand the importance why I have to learn first from myself before learning from my patients. Now I know the hidden meaning about it which I've learned from my instructors before. You never knew it until you'll experience it. That's why they say that experience is the best teacher.

Now I can relate to my students what I've been through before as a nursing studnet. And now that I am equipped with the right knowledge I can now teach them with confidence because of my experiences. I still remember what my mom had told me. "When you grow up you will know what you've been through." And these lines have stuck in my mind all the time. I think that was the best lesson I've learned from my dear mother and without her martinet ways of disciplining us I think I am not in my current position today. Thank you mom!

Yeah, they are a lot of opportunities around and it's up to us to make use of it. Life is a constant struggle and we have to be resourceful of what's been at hand. I am a person who never complains and I love the idea of using what been at hand to make us more highly effective in making decisions about ourselves, our patients, and others. I can really relate to that. Life is always full of surprises. Can't still fathom why people always complain instead of just making use of what they have. I guess it is typical that people here in America were always pampered with their needs and that is why they always complain just in case they don't know how to handle the situation.

I can still say that I am very lucky because I can handle myself even in extreme conditions. I owe it to my father who always did not lack teaching me to always be ready and anticipate if the worst of life will strike. So then, don't pass up on opportunities for it only happens ones and you will never turn back the time to ammend for it.

There are a lot of opportunities around that we can get some strength, some experiences, and some truth. Hopefully, my was been a very productive endeavor and I can't complain for any less. Thank you Lord for all your guidance and help and I'm always grateful for everything that you have provided for me. I always appreciate your unconditional love and thanks for always staying at my side. Thanks for all those silent moments where I needed you most. Those had actually helped me relax and heal.

Thank you Lord foreverything and I am hoping that all will be well as I continued to seek some answers and fill the void that I've been holding. It is a great feeling indeed to know the differences. And opportunities are always there ready to teach each and everyone of us about life's facets. Ciao guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment