Saturday, March 16, 2013

What An Addictive Game

Eversince I've been playing Scrabble, I just got hooked to it. It even made me addicted to it even when I am at work. It even put me into trouble tragically sometimes. I just can't resist playing it because it was so addicting. I think it is ruining my concentration in everything I do every day.

One time while I was driving I was playing Scrabble especially when I'm on a stop or when the traffic is on a red light. I got the habit of checking my phone for those who's already submitting their completed words. (I've got a wide array of opponents on the Scrabble application on my iPhone.) When my car stopped near Crenshaw Blvd. in Inglewood an officer in a police motorcycle had stopped at the right side of my car and had spotted me holding my phone.

He turned his flashing blue lights and I know he intended it for me so I slowed down and parked on the curb. I then opened the left side window of the car and he then seriously asked me about my driver's ID, registration, and insurance. I gave him my ID and I was just reasoning to him what happened but he did not gave me any chance to explain.

He took my driver's ID and then he went to the back of my car checking my license plate and then he scribbled something on the ticket. After three minutes he flashed me the unexpected ticket and I checked it and saw that he gave me a ticket for texting while driving. I told him what had happened but he was just looking at me as if I wasn't there. He instructed me to check the court where to report and then he left.

I got angry because he charged me wrongly and he didn't even give me a chance to explain own side of the story. I know I am not guilty of the charge because I was holding the phone when the car or the traffic is on stop. Had he gave me a chance to explain myself he had probably understood what happened. But apparently he did not gave me a chance to explain my side. He probably intended to make the ticket anyway which I have to swallow and maybe will have to defend it in court.

I am also angry at myself because I am not careful about it. Well, it's maybe because of my addiction in playing the Scrabble game which had already interrupted my daily life. I just have to accept the fact that Scrabble is already a big distraction in my life but I still continued to play it because I couldn't resist not playing it. It was just so addicting that even my life was been very affected by it already.

Well, right now I am at work and was also been playing it especially when I am on my break. To date I have already played thiry-nine games and I only lost three games out of the thirty-nine games I've played. Technically, I've won thirty-six successful games. My highest word score was 106 and the word was "Squared" which was strategically placed on the triple word spot on the middle right of the board. I have twenty-five seven letter words or what they're calling a "bingo" word from all my thirty-nine games.

Right now I have 25 willing opponents and all of them were very willing to topple me down and cause havoc on my online scores. Apparently I've been winning 90% of them. I just wanted to climb up the score ladder and right now I am gradually easing up. Whew! It's just a good feeling to play Scrabble all the time.

Although, it had put me into trouble lately, but still I can't get myself give it up because playing it makes me feel so vulnerable. I like mind games and Scrabble is one of them. Yeah, I've been very lucky to have played to a number of people around the world and I have learned a lot from them as well. I'll still be here to keep playing Scrabble and from now on it will be a part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment