Saturday, March 23, 2013

Anticipating For The Unknown

Well, on Monday I will be leaving for a ten day vacatin to Mexico. I have this feeling of angst that I have been harboring for a long time. It might be boredom or maybe excitement. I don't really know. And I don't really know how to explain it but it seems that I am anticipating for the unknown.

Could this be the effect of too much every day? Could this be an anticipation of my impending vacation? Or could this b due to some unforeseeable situation? That I don't don't but the feeling was real and I just couldn't brush it aside. It affects my thinking and concentration sometimes.

Back home in the Philippines we have a belief that if you feel like "anticipating for the unknown" someone has remembered you or that someone is expecting you. In my whole life experience this belief that had been known to me all through out my life always comes true. So maybe either of the mentioned situation previously will happen.

I am so excited for my incoming vacation and I just couldn't wait to have it happened. I have a lot in my mind, traveling here and there withmy best friend. Mexico is a big country but we have pinpointed some of the key places that we needed to go and explore and hopefully we will be having a good time.

It's so timely because the week I go there is Holy Week so basically my purpose of going there will be a short pilgrimage to celebrate the blessed week wherein Jesus was sentenced to death to redeem our earthly sins.

It's been a long time that I haven't witnessed the celebration for the Holy Week so I decided to go there because the way we celebrate it in the Philippines is almost the same as they celebrate in Mexico.

It will be my first time to see it so I hope that my friend will show me the best of Mexico during Holy Week. I am quite excited as well as apprehensive. It's a mixed feeling. It is difficult to fathom what I am feeling right now but honestly I'm clueless about everything.

Anticipating for something that's not apparent is so frustrating sometimes. The mixture of emotions that's been roiling inside me is unexplanable and I couldn't blame myself to act cluelessly like an idiot. I am very scared about it but I know I have to face it.

Whatever awaits for me in Mexico will remain to be seen and I just can't wait for it. I hope this will not be my last blog. I know God is good and I entrusted to him my fate when I go there. I trust God with all my heart and I know He will not leave me in times of trouble.

Life is full of surprises and it's up to us how to tackle each adveristies. We still have to maintain our own balance and not show to them that I falter. In anything I do I know God is always there and if I needed Him most He is there to carry me.

Hope my vacation will be a meaningful one despite of some setbacks along the way. I just couldn't wait to start it and hopefully we will have a blast. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment