Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Pope Francis Was The New Pope

Jubilations all over the world was been seen as the new pope was named after two days of election among the cardinals worldwide as they were locked in the Sistine Chapel during the perennial pontifical conclave. Every body were been rejoicing because finally a new Pope was been named after Pope Benedict XVI had resigned later last month.

The new Pope elected during the secret conclave in closed room had emerged after the white smoke was been seen today at the makeshift chimney on the Sistine Chapel's roof. People gathered in the rain at the St. Peter's Basilica square were screaming with prayers and in extreme happiness after they waited at the square for two consecutive days patiently waiting for signs that the selection had finally ended.

For me I continued to check the news on Yahoo since yesterday and I was quite excited about it. I don't have any idea who will emerge as the annointed one but I am patiently waiting for it through the online news and articles. At the same time on my iPhone the New York Times news flashes had also heralded me the good news.


It was a relief having known it through it. It's just like riding on a roller-coaster ride and been rewarded at the final stop with the good news. At least we have a very good pontiff who idealizes the simplicity of life and the embodiment of a compassionate religious public figure. I hope he will bring changes to the already troubled Catholic churches worldwide and will influentially set a good example to all the religious leaders all over the globe.

His name is Cardinal Jorge Bergoglio. He is a 76-year-old Franciscan priest from Buenos Aires, Argentina. A son of an Italian immigrant and was been noted giving up the plush life of a high ranking priest. He cooks his own food and refused to be served. He commutes using public transportation and never had a chauffeur. He doesn't have any cell phone and uses the public telephone only. He is very traditional and conservative and also a brilliant person leading his parish in Buenos Aires with a very respectable leadership.

I felt that he will bring humility to everybody and will bring a big influence to all the Catholics all around the world especially in South America. And take note, he is the first pope outside Europe and from the Americas. A new record indeed after several centuries that Europeans had assumed and dominated the holy position. His appointment will bring good news to Catholics in South America.

He assumed the name of Francis embodying the life of St. Francis of Asisi who is the patron saint of Italy and also because he is a priest of his Franciscan Order congregation. Many people from South America were very thankful about his appointment and were very hopeful that he will bring change to the more challenges that the Catholic church was been facing currently.


Well, as for me I am just blogging off this very significant event of the century that had happened today because firstly I am a Catholic. Although I am not really a practicing one I am still excited about the whole conclave process and the outcome of the voting process. And secondly, because the perennial conclave only happens rarely. In my whole lifetime I only had witnessed two conclaves yet. One in 2005 when Pope Benedict XVI was chosen and right now when Pope Francis was been selected.

Several world leaders had welcomed the new pope. I perceived it as a courtesy to his holy election as well as showing humility and respect to the so-called holy see. I felt good about this because there is a harmonious relationship happening here and I hope this will keep going as time elapsed. I am happy to hear that President Barack Obama, despite of his different belief and religion, had humbly send his courtesy greetings to His Imminence and I am thankful that everything were in order now, now that the Holy Week and Easter is approaching.

I am very honored that I have witnessed this very rare event of the century and so I blogged it right away here to document it and make it as a proof that I heard the good news that had brought gladness to the whole world. I am very happy now and content about it. Now we just have to hang on and see what will happen next. Just crossing my fingers and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment