Saturday, March 2, 2013

My Neighbor Is Leaving Today

Today, I felt sad because my neighbor downstairs is leaving today. I got home early this morning from work and I felt that something will gonna happen today. I gave report early and had listened to the huddle then I left work. While driving home I decided to pass by Goodah to pick up breakfast and then went home.

When I got home I immediately opened the TV and watched the the previous American Idol episodes in Las Vegas "The Sudden Death Episode" recorded through my DVR wherein they will cut the 40 contestants and just take 10 boys and 10 girls for the top 20. There were 4 episodes in the DVR and I had watched all of them while eating the breakfast I just bought from Goodah consisted of fried garlic rice, corned beef, and chicken adobo.

In the middle of the last episode, that was around 1000H, I heard some noise downstairs so I peeped on the window and saw a big truck backing up. It seems that Jorge decided to leave the place permanently. I didn't know he was leaving so this sight that I've seen this morning had really confirmed all my questions.

I mean, I am not really close to Jorge but living within the premises had created us a silent bond between tenants. I never talked to him in a long conversation but we usually say "hi" and "hello" at each other or sometimes raised our eyebrows, nod our heads, or even waved our hands at each other. A very casual way of greeting indirectly at each other. A commonplace I may say.

I mean he is a nice guy, skinny looking, and very hyperactive (that's why he is skinny). He also ate a lot of greens (I mean salads, as evidenced by him eating with my landlord in front of the swimming pool. He was been living here for almost a year and I can't believe he will be leaving today. I don't know the reason why he is leaving because I haven't asked him why but I have a feeling it was about the parking.

Last Sunday specifically, I went home from work at the hospital and saw his car window on the right passenger side being smashed and broken perfectly. I mean it was technically broken. Good thing there was a car club on the steering wheel so maybe the thief cannot drive or take it basically. I was even shocked seeing it because our neighborhood is usually quiet and peaceful at night. And also he has a 1980 Lincoln Mercury so basically there's no alarm and was probably the right target of the thief.

The problem with the house is that we don't have enough parking space so we usually have to park on the streets which I also usually do. And now that this thing had happened I feared that my car will be the next target. It bothered me a lot all the time. I've heard that there were series of circumstances and situations nearby the vicinity that had happened like this where the car's windows gets smashed at night.

I wonder if the victims had filed some police report so that the police can patrol the area and detect or catch the perpetrator. But I am extremely worried and bothered about these series of happenings in my neighborhood. On Jorge's part, he doesn't want to get involve that is why he didn't filed a police report as what my landlord had told me. He had his window fixed the same day and had paid only $100 for the labor as what my landlord had told me.

Today, I don't know what happened to me but I felt sad inside upon seeing that Jorge was been packing and leaving. It seems that our familiarity with each had created us a little indirect intimate connection or closeness that is why I felt sad about his leaving today. I've even texted my landlord and asked if it's really true that he is leaving and he said yes.

So Jorge, whatever our friendship bond is, I just wanted to say "good luck" to you and may God will help you where ever you go. Adios mi amigo! Contigo los Dios!

No comments:

Post a Comment