Saturday, March 2, 2013

Diamond The Muncher

The other day I was so mad at my dog, Diamond, because she was very very naughty nowadays. I went to sleep the other night and might have dropped my right hearing aid on the floor instead of putting it in the nightstnd drawer. When I woke up the next day I was looking for it and I couldn't find it inside the drawer. I felt this uneasy feeling that something might have happened to it the whole night.

I tried to look for it inside the drawer where I had tucked it the previous night (which I usually place it)and it was not there so I suspected that the dog had probably had it. I looked under my bed where she used to stay or bring her food and munched there and my gut feeling was right.

I saw the black colored hearing aid with it's crystal head popping out. The battery was been out from it's socket and the socket appeared crushed and severely chewed. I was bursting into anger when I saw it and had realized that my $1200.00 hearing aid was been officially destroyed or chewed by the dog.

So far this was the most expensive thing she had destroyed. I felt really helpless and weak when I saw the poor thing scattered under the bed but what can I do? I picked it up and placed it in its purse hoping I could bring it to the audiologist the next day to have it send for repair. I was really hoping that it will be repaired but I had a feeling that it will not be because of its mangled and hapless appearance.

The wires were all chewed up except the glass head that fits the ear canal. Oh my God it was really happening. This was the worst fear that I always was thinking before, before I had the dog. In the past, she had also chewed my research book, puked on my Martha Stewart bed sheets, chewed the side of my leather Christian Dior luggage and was been shedding her hair on the customized suede couch cover. What else should she destroy next?

But my poor hearing aid..... it was really expensive to procure one nowadays. I called the audiologist the following day giving her a heads up that I am coming to see her the next day. I told her about the situation and she told me to come the next day because apparently she was out of town.

The next day I went to the audiologist's office and had showed her the mangled hearing aid. She assessed the thing and had told me that it's not repairable anymore judging by the hearing aid's wrecked and messed up appearance. It was just all over the place she said.

She recommended me to order a new one and I have to pay her for that. The cost of the new one was $1500.00 and I have to pay her up front. She made a mold of it on my right ear and had tucked it in a box for delivery to the factory or manufacturer who makes the hearing aid. She told me to pick up the new one in one week.

Well, as I recalled the destroyed hearing aid was been three years old already and it needed to be changed anyway. It has served it's purpose fully for the past three years and it's now time to change it. As of now, if not for this situation I haven't known that there were a lot of styles already for a hearing aid. It got really trendy! It's just like buying a new shoes. It is very expensive. No wonder why health insurance doesn't cover for it.

Well, bad things happen every where and any where all the time. It was just unfortunate that Diamond, "The Muncher" had just destroyed my poor hearing aid. She did the honor anyway of indirectly telling me that I needed to change it because it's already old and not in a trend. Well, I don't know if I'll get mad at her or thanked her for doing it. Gone was my expensive hearing aid and now I have to shore out another over a thousand dollars money to procure a new and trendy one.

Anyway, it's just a thing and it is replaceable, however, my dog is not. Dogs are dogs so I have to be more careful with her as well as patient for her. Tskkk... Tskkk... I still cannot believed that my hearing aid was already gone but what else could I do? Waaaahhhhh!

No comments:

Post a Comment