Monday, March 25, 2013

Getting Ready For A Life Changing Spiritual Journey

Today, I will leaving to Mexico for a ten day vacation. The reason I am leaving is that I've been searching spiritually about my own culture. The very religion I've been growing up. And I don't know if I can find it in Mexico but with comparison our beliefs as Catholics and Christians were of the same line. Hopefully, I can find what I am searching for myself.

Today starts the day of the Holy Week and today is the Holy Maunday. Actually yesterday was Palm Sunday and the start of the Holy Week. It's been noted that the Holy Week depicts the suffering ofthe Lord Jesus Christ to redeem mankind from sins and as Christians we ought to contemplate about it because without Jesus the whole world will not be reconnected again with Father God.

The reason I have set out a trip to Mexico is because I long for those traditions that I have been growing up held during the Holy Week. I am not a very fanatical person but I do know the significance of tradition in my upbringing. And I am not swaying other people to believe me but I am just doing this for my own self.

Years had past since I came here in America, I never been witnessing any of the solemn procession like I've been experiencing before growing up in a small town where every body knows everyone. The influence of religion was very imminent and as kids we imitate our elders all the time and never frustrate them for their dreams for us. It was a very challenging growing up yet very rewarding.

Now it seems that my excitement for this short vacation was been fueled by my eagerness and great expectations about the celebration of Holy Week in Mexico. The culture in Mexico was no difference from the culture I've grown up because in all honesty the Spaniards from Mexico had colonized Philippines and treated us like paupers and dumb yet religion as it is has molded our culture to be unique and more cherished.

Hopefully, this spiritual journey will not be in vain. I am greatly excited and anxious about it. I've been working for three days now (for the whole weekend) but my anticipation about the trip was very high. I don't know but maybe it was just normal to act like this. It's strange but it did really happened to me. Maybe it's those surging hormones that are working at extreme levels. Hehehehe.

My expectations for this trip was beyond thought. I set this out as a life changing journey spiritually and I hope I can feel the breathtaking solitude I've been wanting in communing with my own religion. I know I'm not practicing my religion religiously but here I am ready to ignite it again with astounding passion and dedication.

They say that life is so short and that is why I am setting out this vacation because I don't know what will happen to me. And who knows all my inner contemplations will be fully materialized when I am there. Hopefully it will happen as I've envisioned it. It might be ambitious but who knows.

My bestfriend will tour me around there and will bring me to a spiritual pilgrimage around Mexico. We will explore a lot of church. For sure he will not disappoint me. I expect this to be a more rewarding spiritual journey as well. I hope I will find what I've been wanting to see, have, and feel. Who knows there is something more, Can't wait to witness it. Good luck to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment