Tuesday, March 26, 2013

My Flight To Mexico

03.25.2013 *** Today, a Monday, I will fly to Mexico City to start my ten day vacation in search of a soul-searching-spiritual vacation for this Holy Week. I hope my expectations will be fulfilled but no matter what as long as I enjoyed my vacation that would be fine with me. My goals if being fulfilled will just be the icing to the cake. Can't beat that.

I got out early from work at 0600H because I've asked my boss to come in early for me so that I can have extra time for the traffic to the airport. I left the facility and then stopped by the post office to drop off the mails that I needed to set out for the first week of April since I will be out of the country. After dropping off the mails I then went straight home and started to change. After changing I went down to bring my luggage then knocked at my landlord's door to give him some last instructions about my dog since I will leave Diamond with him when I'm gone.

The door opened and Joaquin, the boyfriend, opened me. He told me that Julio had left for Brazil because his dad who is 102 years old died so he had to fly together with his mom back to Rio de Janiero last night in a jiffy. I was shock about the bad news and expressed my sympathy to Joaquin. He told me that Julio had told him that I will leave Diamond so I handed him the paper for instructions and told him that I left the dog foods near the door upstairs. Then I left because the taxi was outside honking already. I bade good bye to Joaquin and he wished me good luck for my vacation.

I went into the taxi then off to the freeway. The traffic was so congested but I don't need to worry because he driver took the diamond lane or the carpool lane which is a fast track lane. We arrived at the airport at 0730H so I have time to line up to check-in my luggage. The line was also long but I checked in my luggage and managed to get my boarding pass with enough time to fall in line at the security section. The section was also packed yet I still managed to creep in just in time to find the gate where I am supposed to board the plane. I was assigned at Gate 86.

Ten minutes after I arrived the overhead called that our flight will be twenty minutes delayed and they've changed our boarding gate to Gate 83. We boarded at 1100H and we left Los Angeles at 1115H going to San Francisco. The flight to San Francisco was brief and smooth and we landed at the tarmac safely. We unload at Gate 91 and I alighted from the plane and went up to the airport to look for the restroom because my bladder was very full and was about to burst.

After relieving myself of the stress in my bladder I went to look for the flight monitor and checked for Flight 671 bound for Mexico City. I noticed that it was on Gate 91 which is the same plane that I just unboarded. I looked for some fridge magnets bearing the name of San Francisco for my collections and also bought some Mentos because I felt that my breath was been spoiled already. Hehehe. Then I went down to the gate where we were be boarding shortly and wait for the call.

Down there I looked for an outlet to charge my iPhone because I am low of battery then at the same time played Scrabble because there were like 20 people who had submitted their responses for the games that I have set out last night. I am glad I am winning in all those games but it's still early to claim victory because we were still halfway the game. After forty-five minutes we were called to board. The plane left San Francisco at exactly 1300H. I texted my boyfriend who's suppose to pick me up at Mexico City that I am leaving United States for Mexico City and we will be seeing each other in four hours.

I boarded the plane happy because I will get to see my boyfriend again and of course I will set out myself there trying to fulfill my goals about that spiritual soul-searching experience. I was seated on the most convenient part of the plane in the middle surrounded by good-looking guys. See how lucky I am? Why in all the people around me Mexicans are very good looking? I am surrounded with a lot of them in all honesty. I'm really screaming in delight at that time. My connoisseurship in picking the seat online had been paid off. (Just joking)

The flight from San Francisco to Mexico City was uneventful and smooth. I might have probably felt asleep for a couple of hours because I never noticed that the flight attendant had handed me the immigration form to fill up for my entrance in Mexico City as well as seeing her passing out drinks in the aisle. Yeah, I was very tired because I have not slept yet from working twelve hours graveyard shift last night. My good looking neighbor had gave me the immigration papers and I slyly smiled and thanked him for saving me one copy and he returned the favor.

I introduced my name and told him that I came from Los Angeles. He told me his name is Mario and he is from San Francisco. He asked me what I will be going to Mexico City and I told him that I will be meeting with a friend there and we will go to Guerrero to explore the place. He told me that he is from Oaxaca and he is on his Spring Break vacation. He also told me that the is a Freshman in UCSF. I told him that I am a nurse educator and we had a very casual conversation until we both stopped to take a nap.

We arrived at Mexico City at 1800H local time and then I bade good bye to Mario when we separated ways at the immigration line. I then lined at the foreigner line and went through without any problems. I then passed by Duty Free and bought some cologne for my boyfriend and then went to retrieve my luggage. I then went outside and waited for my boyfriend. I stand near the restroom where he picked me up last time and few minutes later he came smiling seeing me. We then hugged each other and then I told him that I needed to exchange money. After I've exchanged money we left the airport and went straight to Zona Rosa to check in at the hotel.

The traffic outside was very congested because it was already rush hour but my boyfriend had managed to evade it. I am glad he is good at it. In all honesty I was very tired and hungry already. We arrived at the hotel so I immediately checked us in and then we brought the luggages upstairs and looked for something to eat around Zona Rosa. We found a grill rest called Regios which serves grilled Mexican foods. We ordered food and ate them heartily. We sipped mojitos and margaritas as well.

After the dinner we went back to the hotel and retired for the night. Thanked God that my trip was well and that I arrived safely in Mexico City, a city I tried to like, in whole piece. Tomorrow will be another promising day and I can't wait to see what will happen but whatever it is I hope it will be life changing. God bless me!

No comments:

Post a Comment