Monday, February 25, 2013

Pray, Eat, And Love The Mexican Way

I'm just very lazy lately. I don't know what is happening to me but it seems that I was been tired the whole week. I know I really need a much needed rest or maybe a very relaxing long vacation. It's just that I am working a lot these days and I don't know why I am doing it to myself but hopefully things will be okay soon.

Oh how I wish I can have a long vacation away from my so busy life here in Los Angeles. I guess I kind of tired staying here already. It's been the same environment and crowd I've been with all these years and it had caused me a lot of deceit and frustrations lately. I've been very worried about it and I can't wait to get away from it sometime. Hopefully things will be manageable some day.

I am up for a glorious ten day vacation next month and I cannot wait to have it started. I am very excited about it already. I promised to myself that I will really enjoy it to the hilt although it will fall on a Holy Week unfortunately. I will be going to Mexico for this vacation and it will start on March 25 up to April 4. I hope it will be a very nice and enjoyable vacation for me.

My goodlooking boyfriend in Mexico, who is also my official tour guide for this vacation would want to bring me near the beach. Although I am very scared of the water, I hope that I will like it there. Maybe I can try swimming there, now that my ears were already fixed which will not give me any problems anymore unlike before and that my ear doctor had already given his one-hundred percent permission and allowed me to go swimming. It will be nice probably to singlehandedly bask under the sunny Mexican skies in one of the remotest and pristine white beach somewhere in Cancun.

My goal for this short vacation is to solely observe and personally witness how the Mexicans celebrate the "Semana Santa" or the so-called Holy Week. Here in California and the United States in general, we don't celebrate or observe it. Unlike in the Philippines, I grew up witnessing the solemn celebration of the Holy Week and it's been haunting me to see one. It's been years that I haven't seen or participated in a decent Holy Week procession so I may be witnessing one of this during my vacation.

As I browsed the internet where to find a nice place for these solemn processions I kind of like to go to Taxco for their so-called "Sarsuela" about the "Last Supper" and I also read that the people there celebrate it for the whole week with one major long procession every night. That would be interesting to see myself! It might be good to be there to witness it maybe. My vacation will start on Palm Sunday and ends on Easter Sunday. How appropriate was that really!

This will be the PRAY part of the title of this blog above.

My second goal in going to Mexico will probably go to Oaxaca, which is the food capital of the country. I would like to see the place with it's unique and antiquated colonial setting and maybe all of it and everything about it. This is the place where they grow a lot of cacao trees which bears the fruit that yield the cacao seeds needed for making delicious chocolates. I've heard their chocolates were very unique, special, and famous as well as their interesting local cuisine. So when I'm there I might try their local food as well.

I've heard their "flautas" with the yummy mole sauce was been very highly recommended online and for sure I will personally try it. Oaxaca is a very fertile place where eighty percent of the country's produce were grown there and I can't wait to visit one of the local flea markets and meticulously check them out when I am there. It will probably be a very interesting and yummy visit in this food capital of Mexico!

This will be the EAT part of the title of this blog above.

Then next, I can't wait to personally explore the white beaches in Cancun and see the beautiful pyramids and virgin jungles of the Yucatan. My boyfriend had already told me that he will bring me there and tour me in Cancun as well as in the Yucatan. I can't wait for it to happen and personally fall in love with mother nature as well as the blessed virgin jungles of the Yucatan, famous for its past history, as well as the pristine white beaches of Cancun. Who knows I might find a boyfriend there. Hehehe!

Well, apparently my very handsome tour guide was my boyfriend so it will be inapproppriate to look for another one but it will be an appropriate place to magically fall in love again with this handsome Mexican guy I've been dating for three years. The reason why I wanted to personally come back to Mexico was also to see him and enjoy our time together away from the reality that I have here in Los Angeles.

This will be the LOVE part of the title of the blog above.

Life can be intensively and intrusively cruel sometimes. Now I technically got bored and tired with my everyday monotonous routines. Work, eat, sleep, drive, work, eat, sleep, drive were been very monotonous and boring to me. There's no more life in it and it gets me irritable and agitated sometimes. I just can't stand it anymore.

I hope my decision of having a ten day vacation is good enough for me to alter these boring daily routines. I am sick and tired of it already. Oh how I wish I could leave tomorrow and get away from these tiring routines and places. But sad to say I am still stuck with it for quite some time until my vacation is due.

Oh, I can't wait to solemnly pray, marvelously eat, and magically fall in love in Mexico spending my precious time with my goodlooking Mexican boyfriend and just enjoy everything that my blessed Mexico can offer. I really can't wait for it to happen. Oh please God make it happen. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment