Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Still Infirmed

I still don't feel well today. I was still coughing and sneezing with some watery runny nose. I guess my allergy had been flaring up for several days. I was still taking the Claritin and it still doesn't help. I am planning to add Benadryl on the regimen but I am wary about sleepiness as a side effect.

I guess I can't resort to such drastic measures to take Benadryl because I am driving all the time. I was compelled to do so but I'm still double checking myself if it is beneficial or not. It's kind of hard because I'm already hoarse form excessively coughing last night. I am quite exhausted but I am still holding on.

This morning when I woke up, I felt that I have a flu but when I checked my oral temperature it was normal. (Well viral infections usually doesn't have fever.) I was coughing non-stop and I was alarmed by it. I took some decongestants to stop the coughing and I am glad it helped abate the cough a little bit. But my throat was still draining watery drainage which made me swallow frequently. Spitting it had made me retch thereby scratching my throat and making it irritated.

I still have a class today so I have to drag myself up form the bed and force myself to take the early morning shower. After the warm shower it seems that the body aches went away and I felt okay afterwards. But still my nose is running and my throat still is hoarse. I guess it's not allergy anymore.

Chewing hard candies had helped a lot so I passed by the nearby 7-11 Store on my way to school and bought some Halls cough drops. It soothes my throat irritation and lessened the coughing although it is still still on and off. I also took some ample amount of water to keep me hydrated. In as much as I wante dto rest I couldn't do it because I am so much loaded with my schedule nowadyas except Thursday which I am off for only one day.

Right now, I still feel bad and not okay. My nose is congested and my head feels full of pressure. My coughing was very nagging and persistent and my throat is sore and irritated. I am basically tired from too much coughing and sneezing and I felt I am not getting any better. I hope I will be well tomorrow.

I wish I could be off and rest. Maybe rest will help me better and that my immune system will stop reacting to some environmental allergens that trigger the allergy. How I wish it would happen like that. I am in so much fatigue already but I am unstoppable. I hope my off this coming Thursday will give me the necessary rest I needed to recuperate form this illness.

Today, I strated slow but as the day had commenced it turne dout to be good. I needed to hurry or fast track my lecture because some good-to-be-personality at school had changed the student's schedule again and compressed one day of letter making them lacking few hours on their theory class. I am not stressed but I am very concerned about the quality of teaching I would give them in that small amount of teaching time. It sucks but I don't want to complain.

Well, too much concerns every dya and it weakens my immune system already thereby makes my recuperation more longer and harder to treat. I am in so much dilemma but I just don't want to bother right now because I am technically and literally sick. This infirmity had caused a lot of toll on me and I am concerned big time about myself. When do I ever give up, huh!

No comments:

Post a Comment