Sunday, February 10, 2013

Bouts Of Allergic Reactions

When Diamond came to the house last month, my allergies had resurface again. I kept sneezing every day and that my throat was been very congested and my drainage were been very watery. It was kind of uncomfortable sometimes so I have to find some alternatives to fight it back.

I've been taking claritin and tylenol sometimes but it seems that they don't work wonders anymore. I always felt tired and sick most of the times from this allergies and I denied it sometimes that it was an allergic reaction to the dog. I thought it was just a bad flu since it is flu season nowadays.

But truth be told, I couldn't really deny the fact that it was an allergic reaction to the dog. Even though how many times I've washed my sheets still everytime I woke up my sneezing still just won't stop. I even opened the windows to have my room ventilated from all the specks that were been floating in the air inside the room but it seems that all my efforts were been futile.

I always tried to tuck the dog on her bed everytime I go to sleep but it seems that she moves up to my bed in the middle of my sleep because everytime I woke she was always under my sheets scooting close to my body (I always sleep half naked). She also stayed on bed when I was away so I have noticed all the time some of her hair were on the bed.

I always cleaned my sheets getting rid of her hair that clings to the sheet and I always washed and changed my bed sheets every week but still my allergies still resurfaces. I don't know what happened to my immune system now. I know that sneezing is just a mechanism to get rid of the foreign body but when it comes to the entire immune system, I don't have any idea at all what is happening. For sure it affects the system triggering some antibodies to get rid of the allergens.

Today, discovered something that is effective in at least lessening my sneezing. It worked but I don't know how long. It made sense because it prevented me to inhale some of the danders that were in the air inside my room. I put on a regular surgical mask and went to sleep with it. I maybe look funny but this whole mask thing works.

I woke up a little bit ok with no sneezing at all. Ok, I lied. A little bit of minor sneezing but it was better than the previous weeks. Hopefully, this mask thing works. I will try it for the whole week and see how it is. I had a feeling that I have to keep it like this to lessen my manifestations and hopefully it will be for the better. I am glad I discovered it accidentally. At least it had lessened my sufferings. Haist!

Today, I felt tired from my two days work and also form sneezing for about a week. My system is a little fatigued and I needed a lot of pain killers. I took 650 mg of Tylenol to just ease up the soreness and hopefully I can rest it tomorrow.

But tomorrow will be more hectic for me because I have to teach Pediatrics Class with Batch 38 in the morning and will end up going home at around 1500H. I will be working for twenty hours total tomorrow so basically I will be totally rendered and succumbed to extreme fatigue tomorrow which will probably lower my immune response albeit worsening my allergies. God... please help me.

Hay... I hope every thing will be better for me this week. And I hope that my allergies will wane in time. This I always pray to always abate so that all my suffering will go away. I wish it could vanish at an instant. Hopefully the mask will work. Although it is not cost effective yet it provided a little relief.

Whatever will happen I still have to be on the alert. I was just hoping and crossing my fingers that it was due to the weather and not the dog. I love the dog so much and I don't have to give her up just to get rid of the allergies. For sure there will be other alternatives and I will continue looking for other reliefs just to protect Diamond from any other harsh decision of getting rid of her.

But anyways, hopefuly everything will be well and I will have to wait till this cold weather wanes so that I will know if it is due to the weather or not. I will still continue to assess and look for any factors that had triggered my allergic reactions and will still continue to use the mask, wash and change my sheets weekly, air my room everyday, and make sure that the dog will not stay on my bed when I'm gone or asleep preventing some danders to cing on my sheets as well as lessening my allergic bouts. Good luck to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment