Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Meeting An Awesome Guy On Facebook

Last week I met this awesome Ilocano guy from Facebook. He sent me an invite to make friends with me and I accepted it right away. The following day he messaged me and had thanked me for the add up. I was online that time so I immediately responded to him that it was okay then it all started from there.

We chatted for four hours asking and telling informations about ourselves until we got to know each other and got comfortable at each other. I was just surprised I acted so nicely at him compared to my bitchy self when somebody was messaging me asking for an online friendship. It was just odd to me!

What I liked about him is that he was very cordial and polite. Very respectful and patient especially on his responses. I was really surprised about it and it had delicately touched my heart and my inner ego greatly. I am not used to it but deep inside I felt his sincerity and respect which is uncommon to people online. I secretly told myself, I guess this guy is a good guy. I really felt I have to give him a once-in-a-lifetime chance and now we were besties.

Well, some of my friends always told me to be cautious in knowing a person online especially on the first encounter. I mean I am doing that actually during that time but it so happen that this guy is super nice. I am a person who is very careful when it comes to selecting, approving, perceiving, and knowing unknown people online. I don't know why I gave in to him that fast. I honestly felt that I have to give him this rare chance. And the rest was history .....

Friends are rare to find. They are like precious gems burried deep in the deep abyss of the earth's bowels. A hard to find people but when being found will make your day exactly right. And this is the feeling I have received from this awesome guy after I paved him the way to my hard-to-conquer friendship without any hesitations at all. Am I that clueless or am I that too careless?

He is a 30 year-old young male from Urdaneta, Pangasinan who now resides in Baguio City because of his job. He works as an administrative assistant in a local delivery company, delivering farm produce, vegetables, and poultries from Baguio City to Manila. I admit he is somewhat goodlooking, extraordinarily looking young, and very well muscled. I am quite attracted to him but I know I am taken already so I have to back out a little bit.

I told him that we can just be cordial friends because I have a boyfriend already. He accepted it and he told me that he has also a girlfriend but they had just broke up last Monday so technically he was still nursing his aching heart. I was so touched because deep inside I felt that he was really hurt about it. So I am just there to listen to him giving him a good ear and offering him some good advice.

He seems depress about the whole situation so I told him to pick up himself and just continue with his life. I also told him that it will be a good learning experience for him and it will make him more stronger next time. He thanked me for my personal advices and we introduced ourselves at each other until we got comfortable telling our own stories swapping questions about ourselves.

He never failed to leave me a good morning message everytime I woke up and he always asks if I have ate or not. I never been treated like that before and I never got used to it. My parents didn't even do like that to me. I grew up to be an independent person and I never felt so cared for like that. It was odd and strange but I liked it!

We always chatted on Facebook the whole day swapping messages all the time. Even when I'm driving I am answering his messages and even when I go eat, pee, work, lying in bed, or just even relaxing in my car. It was just odd because I really felt better everytime we're chatting. He never took advantage of the moment to ask money from me, make any advances on me, or pressure me with something. All we had was a very customary online conversation with no strings attached. It was just a friendly thing.

Well, I guess there is a good reason why we have met acidentally. I know God always works in mysterious places and times and this one I will consider as one of it. I didn't even ask for it but it just came as a surprise. May be what I do is just savor the moment while we still enjoy each other's conversation and friendship. Be it with good or bad intentions, that I don't know, I will just let it flow its course and make my own personal decisions in the future whether to let it go or not. I will stay genuine and nonjudgmental all the time.

But so far so good and there were no problems at the moment. He never asked me to call him (which I won't do) or rather make any drama about his life which I kind of like because he is truly genuine and true. Judging with the informations he gave and told me I guess he was just devastated about the break up and that's it. I won't go any further but just hang on and keep him as a nice friend. That's all I needed to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment