Sunday, February 24, 2013

It's That Tax Time Again

I am quite a pessimist lately and I am too lazy to do some simple chores. All I wanted to do is rest and sleep and I always hunger for more sleep. Recuperating from a lot of days of work maybe. It is a pity because I kept working everyday trying to make ends meet but it seems that there is always a problem and it seems that I've been burried in this problems forever.

Eversince I lived here in America, it seems that my life was already been doomed. At first I dreamt of coming here for the American Dream but that dream was long gone. Yes, I have a more decent work that pays good but as time elapsed it seems that having money made me want more but unluckily it brought me too much problems.

Wanting more was a big mistake. Now I'm kind of embroiled in this problem and got stuck with it forever. I have to keep myself working in order to at least pay for all the debts that I've incurred eversince. Actually, I didn't really have that much debt at all it the tax that was killing me every year.

With the kind of income I amassed each year because of working too hard I didn't have any idea or I was so naive that the tax after the year ends was very exorbitant. I've regretted doing it but it's already too late. Now I have to work my behind off just to pay it off in just a short period of time so that all this problems will be eradicated immediately.

I've longed for those simple and peaceful life I've had in the Philippines free of taxes. Although I'm poor there but my freedom was too surreal to be felt around. How I wish I could go back there and lived my previous life. I really wish for that time to happen.

Now, I felt I am doomed to pay all this taxes with Uncle Sam. I didn't even know that having to work extra had entailed much burden. I thought it will brought me more money and happiness. That's just the sweetener of the ugly and bad tasted cake, a cover-up for a cheap cake. Aaah.... I was duped and fooled.

Well, that was thelesson I've learned for now and I hope I won't be meeting the same mistakes again in the future. For now, I have to concentrate for myself to pay off this debt which in the first place was been biased for the working force like me to do but what else I could do. It's the law so they say.

I have no qualms about it as long as it's fair but to me and to many working force who work their arses off hard was been biased and unfair. I mean, I don't have qualms in paying it as long as it is fair. Even how they allocated the taxes to the needy is also careless and unfair.

SOme people who is not really worth of getting the aid had access to it. I know because I can see them with my own eyes first hand. It happened everyday in the grocery stores, in the mall, at the clinic, in therestaurants, etc. It happens everywhere. It just won't stop.

Even illegal people have access to it and that's what pisses me off. I am being taxed for my hardwork and some of the money goes to unqualified people and it's really unfaur for me having to work for it and it all goes to unworthy people.

Well, I know I can voice out my frustrations here and I know that I won't be heard. Although the government will hear about it yet there is no changes or actions about it anyway. And that really pisses me off more. What could I do..... it's the system. Oh well, good luck to me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment