Friday, February 15, 2013

Got Interviewed Yesterday

Yesterday, on Valentine's Day, I went to an interview meeting for a case management job posted for Los Angeles AIDS Foundation. It was a productive interview and I've learned a lot about the AIDS Foundation, its mission and vision as well as the different umbrellas it had covered. I am so fired up to take the challenge and hoping that it can give me a very meaningful experience in the future.

Last week, I got a call from Ms. Jackson, the Utilization and Case Management Head of Los Angeles AIDS Foundation, asking me if I'm still interested for a job I applied at AIDS Foundation Online. I told her that I'm still considering it if there is any. She told me that there is one position for a case manager which will be available on 2/19/13. She just got a resignation letter the previous day and she needs to fill up the position immediately. I guess I was so lucky because I was the first person she thought of calling right away if not for my former student Megan who keeps asking her if she called me or not.

She told me that if not for Megan and Xenia who keeps reminding her to call me and set up for the interview she had totally forgotten about my application because she already forwarded my online application to the Human Resources. She told me that I was very lucky because she got the resignation yesterday which she needed to fill in immediately because of the tremendous surge of clients in the Los Angeles area that needs for assessment and help.

I told myself that this will be another challenge for me. I never been having any experience about case management but I told her that I am willing to learn and be trained. I have some supervisory experience in the clinical and nursing home in the past so I guess that could also help me with this kind of job. She told me during the interview that case management requires a lot of assessments and paperworks which I guess will be more challenging to me and I hope I can be able to do it with ease.

I left the office in Martel Avenue in Los Angeles with high hopes that this job will measure how adaptable I am with a team leading role which for me requires more patience and understanding about every individual inputs and ideas for an excellent production and output. I guess I am ready to take the challenge and hopefully will make up with my new manager's expectations.

So now, I am just waiting for the Human Resource to call me for more tests and requirements and eventually process the completion of my application then I will start after two weeks once I've gave a two week notice for my teaching job to resign. I told Ms. Jackson that I needed to tender my two weeks notice at my current teaching job which had given me some stress lately because of the conflict with my Chief Administrative Consultant.

So now, I am ready to give up my loyalty and patience in staying there after seven years of teaching nursing students in the clinicals. I felt that I don't deserve the treatment he had given me considering of my seniority but I'm not gonna blog my frustrations here right now. I guess it is high time now for me to look for another avenue in my nursing career and I felt this case management job opportunity that was offered for me yesterday had brought a lot of promises for my individual abilities.

Hopefully I would be able to do better and improve my skills in team leading. This will be a good step also for my masteral program wherein I could get some subjects for my thesis and research proposal which could be unbias. Yes I am so fired up for this and I felt so ready to start anytime as what I've told Ms. Jackson.

I will continue to update you here of the happenings and the progress during my orientation, so just keep coming back and hanging on here and check for more upcoming updates. For now, I just don't want to over think my expectations and overwhelm myself. Hope ya' all understand.

Inside of me is this big ball of fire that keeps fueling me to keep the ball rolling. I'm so excited! So good luck to me. My dear Lord, I am invoking you to be there always and I'm hoping this will be the one that I am waiting for. Thanks for everything that you've done for me and thanks for being there always! Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment