Sunday, February 17, 2013

Diamond Got Spayed Today

I got home from a twelve-hour graveyard work and was been cheerfully greeted by a very disarrayed room. My research paper book was haplessly laying on the floor with the pressed sides appeared ripped and grinded. Who else was the culprit? My cute chihuahua puppy of course.

In as much as I wanted to get angry or mad, I have to just contain it because if I will get mad at the dog she will be confused because the act was already after-the-fact. I just silently picked up the yellow book and carefully inspected the extent of the damage. It was still intact and the contents were still there. I maybe can still read from it. The bite marks though was just on the pressed back and not the texts. Good grief!

I am very worried about the puppy's hyperactivity lately. It must have been because she's just always staying at the room most of the time and got bored. I do gave her some time to go outside when I am walking her every morning to potty and also exercise at he same time. But still I am very concerned about her being excessively quirky and squirmy.

Today, I will gonna have her spayed. I called the animal hospital yesterday and asked if I can set an appointment for the dog's surgery. They've told me that I just have to drop off the dog in the morning and then pick her up in the afternoon on the day of the surgery. They've also told me that there is no need for a reservation for the surgery. So, I decided to bring her in today.

I am hoping that the surgery will help her lessen the hyperactivity and also the excessive grinding so I decided also to have her teeth pulled out, which is also included in the surgery for free. I am glad that the spay is free courtesy of the shelter where I have picked her up and I just have to pay extra for the anesthesia and the tooth extraction. Not bad huh!

I didn't offer her her dog food a night before the surgery as I was carefully instructed by the hospital clinic attendant on the phone. I only offered her water all throughout the night. I left her that night, for I needed to go to work, while she was lying on Martha Stuart dog bed without even no idea that she'll be spayed the next day.

When I got back the next morning, I noted that my room appears chaotic and as I said my yellow Dummy Research Book was on the floor full of bite marks and appeared being chewed off especially on the spine area. It was a horrible sight to see but I have to contain my madness inside me because of the after-the-fact action committed by the puppy.

After cleaning up the room with all the chewed paper carelessly scattering on the cold wooden floor I decided to gave Diamond a shower because I know after the spaying she cannot shower for seven days as I was told during my call yesterday because of her sutures. I shampooed her very thoroughly and dried her well so as not to make her cold with hypothermia. I dried her fur thoroughly and then readied her for a drive to the animal hospital.

I was thinking that we will be late maybe but I still decided to bring her. We left the house close to 0900H and the drive to the clinic was about less than 30 minutes. It was not that far. The hospital was located along Exposition Boulevard near the Arlington Street junction if I will take the Wilton Place Street.

We got there at around 0915H and where I started to register her. She was squirming inside the dog bag while I was carefully filling up the forms and I can't really concentrate on my writing because of her. After I'm done she was picked up by the attendant and I have to say goodbye to her. I felt sad that I'm not gonna see her for the whole day but I am hopeful that the surgery will benefit her, especially toning down her hyperactivity behavior.

I went home without her, thinking what will happen to her at the animal hospital today and I am also excited to see her when I pick her up in the afternoon. It was a mixed feelings of contained and repressed emotions and I am really confused about it. I went to sleep when I got home because I was already tired plus I am also sick at the same time still coughing and sneezing badly. I took some Zyrtec and cough medications before I went to bed. This infirmed state is giving me a toll of my life already. It's really hard!

I woke up at around 1530H and realized that I have to pick Diamond up at the animal hospital before they close. I was heavily groggy and had a very bad headache when I woke up but I have to drag my poor pathetic self to the bathroomm to prepare because the animal hospital will be closing at 1700H. When I checked my messages on the iPhone there were already two calls from the hodpital telling me that Diamond is ready to be picked up and that they will be closing at 1700H.

When I got at the animal hospital I immediately signed some paperworks then paid the services for some extras that I have agreed this morning then they brought her out after that with a dish collar (E-collar) on her neck to prevent her from scratching and licking her sutures. She was very hypoactive or weak and I've heard that she was slightly moaning maybe because she was in pain. They've given me the syringes with the antbiotics and told me to start it the following day and also reminded me to refrigerate it.

I wrapped Diamond with her cheetah animal print blanket to keep her warm and carried her to the car then we left the animal hospital after that. In the car she was motionless and was just laying on the seat quietly. She was probably tired and at the same time in a lot of pain.

When we got home I gave her some water to drink but she did not took it then lay her down on her bed with her zebra print blanket. She was still weak and was also moaning occasionally especially when she was trying to move and walk. She was laying on her bed for a while realizing that every time she moves it hurts her. My poor baby!

I left the house at 1845H because I needed to go to work. I left her at home still in agony about the pain but I hope she is still okay. I left the light on in the restroom to make her think that I am there and to guide her also to see well when she goes potty and peepee. Now I am writing a blog about her experience and I hope you all like it.

I never been happier not until Diamond came into my life. Everything just turned the other way around in a positive way of course. Although there were a lot of problems about her manic behavior and chewing actions I am still patient about her because I know she's still a puppy. I hope though that the surgery will help lessen this slight problem with her. Oh God please help me!

No comments:

Post a Comment