Monday, February 18, 2013

Caught Off Guard

I was caught unaware in the last two months because I received a post on Facebook form my former elementary teacher. It was a page article from the 2012 grand alumni homecoming year book which had indicated that I was one of the most outstanding jubilarians especially for the silver jubilarians last year during the PNHS Alumni Association grand homecoming.

My teacher told me that my former classmates and batchmates had unanimously voted for me to represent Class 1987 for the cream of the crops among the high achievers of the alumni starting from the very beginning that the school had opened. It was a great honor to be chosen and I was really flattered by the recognition.

Well, honestly, all my achievenments were just the result of my hardworks and my tenacity to achieve and do something for myself and my future. It was just sheer kismet that I am always planning goals related to improving and advancing my career goals which I think can better off my education and work. I was just lucky I have time to achieve them despite taht I've been juggling jobs from the past.

Now, I didn't know that all these efforts were very inspiring to my classmates and townmates in my hometown. I was mesmerized by the gesture of recognizing it. Honestly, I was surprise about the article forwarded to and I don't know whether to be grateful or just kept sulking and contemplating about my instant celebrity status. What can you say huh?

But anyways, I thanked my former mentor for forwarding this very surprisiing article and also left a comment at our Class 1987's timeline wall thanking my former classmates and batchmates for the nomination. Indeed it was another feather to add into my resume. Thanks a lot Ma'am Azel. Like you aid, another fancy feather for my portfolio.

In the article were also other people who had achieved excellent and dedicated work in their career and I guess there were three military people who were honored, gifted engineers and mathematcians, as well as businessman and a famous physician.

My heart was been pouring with pride and joy that I was been included in the cream of the crop and the most outstanding jubilarians. It was a shock to me but I wholeheartedly accept the honor of being included in the high achievers list. I mean this is a rare opportunity so why not grab the limelight and savor the moment.

So far, I am pleased with it and thanks for the organizers of the PNHS Alumni Association for the article. I hope I will have the copy of the article. Ma'am Azel was quite very supportive and she even told me that she was keeping my copy with her. I told her that my little sister will just pick it up at her residence.

Definitely, I will enjoy this article once I will get it personally. For now, I will still continue building up myself and career. This article had hold a lot of challenges for me. I hope it is for the best though.... I can't wait to keep abreast of what is happening to me.

Today, my day had just been right and that I will savor it once everything is settling down. Life is always full of surprise..... if it's your kismet then you'll be quite lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment